Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$129
Hotel Elliott(Astoria)
$139
Commodore Hotel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Astoria Crest Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
$219
Orbitz.com
Norblad Hotel And Hostel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe riverhi expressgreat viewcinnamon rollsa river view roomgas fireplacebiscuits and gravytrolley runsyogurtking suiteroom was largeindoor poolvery nice hotelbig shipsmorning breakfastfree breakfastfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my second visit to this site and it is still as great as ever. The river view was great - the Astoria-Megler Bridge at night is quite a site to see. Loved to be able to use the bike for a trip along the riverfront. Stayed with a group of co-workers and we were are very pleased. The room was larger and well laid out. Great facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We can't say enough about our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Astoria. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The view from our room was fantastic!! We could see the Columbia River, Ocean and bridge over head. (Couldn't even hear the traffic) We made it in time to watch the sunset right from our room. We will be staying here again. It was worth the extra cost! Added bonus is they are pet friendly.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A stay at this hotel is hard to beat...especially when the weather is nice.

The river front is just outside your door, ocean freighters and fishing boats are passing by and so is the trolley that goes from one end of town to the other. The river walk is fantastic. It doesn't matter whether you go left or right. Right takes you to Downtown, the Maritime Museum and beyond. If you go left, you'll go under the bridge to Washington State and end up at the commercial boast basin.

A room with a river view is preferable. It is also a little more expensive, but we think it's well worth the extra money. The staff is super-nice and the breakfast is great. It appears to change every day. The first morning it was sausage patties with a cheese omelet. The next morning they served bacon with scrambled eggs.

A great place for lunch or dinner, the Bridgewater Bistro, is only a quarter mile away...within easy walking distance.

Our two dogs really enjoyed all the green grass in back (riverfront) of the hotel and the adjacent park.

Wish we could have stayed longer. Astoria is an old town with plenty of history.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a lovely room overlooking the Columbia River and the Astoria-Megler bridge which stretches across to Washington State (the US-101). The hotel is not in a downtown location, but a 5-minutes' drive or a half-hour gentle stroll down the riverfront would take you downtown. Or you could hop on the historic 1913 Astoria Riverfront Trolley which stops at the doorstep of the hotel. On the recommendation of a staff member, we had dinner at the Bridgewater Bistro (a 3-minute walk away), which we enjoyed. There were other restaurants and fast-food outlets within a short walk from the hotel. There was ample parking, free high-speed Wifi connection, a good-sized pool and gym and a coin-operated laundry room. Breakfast was ample and tasty and there was free coffee and tea available all the time.

Room Tip: The riverfront room was lovely, but a little expensive at US$160.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express with an absolutely stunning view! I stayed in a room that had a jacuzzi tub which I really enjoyed using while gazing at the beautiful bridge out of my window. It's really cool to watch the big freighters come in as well, as they seem so close that you could reach out and touch them! The location of the hotel is great - right on the river walk and very close to the small downtown area. My room was comfortable and clean and also had a fireplace (which I didn't use as it was very warm). The only disappointment for me was the breakfast - I prefer healthier options and it was mainly made up of sweet baked goods. I think there had been bacon and eggs but the platters were empty when I went down and were not refilled over the half hour I was in the breakfast area. There were only bananas for a fruit option. That's OK - I really don't expect much from a free hotel breakfast, and just went to the Safeway the next day to pick up some fruit and yogurt. All in all I had a very pleasant stay - the staff were great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo