Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
$155
$139
Orbitz.com
$147
Astoria Crest Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$99
Commodore Hotel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Restaurant
$110
Orbitz.com
Norblad Hotel And Hostel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$79
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe riverhi expressgreat viewcinnamon rollsa river view roomgas fireplacebiscuits and gravytrolley runsyogurtking suiteroom was largeindoor poolvery nice hotelbig shipsmorning breakfastfree breakfastfront desk staff
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our suite had a king bed, a queen bed, a sofa sleeper, 3 televisions, a large living room, a gas fireplace, and a great view of the river and waterfront. The staff was very helpful and allowed early check in to a third floor room. Unfortunately, this meant we were subjected to the sounds of guests above us stomping around after 11pm. Perhaps sound proofing and thicker carpets on the floor would improve the situation. We felt like we would fall off of the sofa because the bench sloped down to the front.

Breakfast was adequate, but could have been improved. Overall, the selection was good. We enjoyed the cinnamon rolls. Bananas were the only fresh fruit available. The scrambled eggs and cheese omelets were far from tasty. Several teas were available but no chamomile. The catsup packets were very difficult to open and the brown contents were unappetizing.

Despite the minor shortcomings, I would recommend this property due to the spacious rooms and good location.

Room Tip: 438-- huge suite on top floor with water view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a recent Oregon roadtrip. check in was smooth and painless and the girl on on reception was very helpful with directions and general guidance, thanks Sophie! Breakfast was nothing spectacular, i hadn't expected as much, but the girls working the breakfast room were super nice and helpful. the pool and hot tub are small but do the job. Location was perfect for us, great views of the bridge and easy access to the river front walk. nice big room and bathroom, great air-con! I'm not giving 5 stars as only stand out should get 5 stars. my only real complaint is that the drapes didn't close fully so I couldn't sleep late, but really! I will stay here next time i'm in town.

Room Tip: facing the water for sure
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KelownaBC1438
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary and wanted to stay in Astoria. I had seen this motel before and wanted to stay, but the days we were going to be in Astoria the motel was booked. So, I made reservations ahead of planned stay! I called and after a brief discussion with the clerk on duty, decided to stay on the 4th floor. When we got there, I was informed that they did not reserve specific rooms, and the only rooms available were on the 3rd floor. I found this an annoyance, but after seeing the room and the view realized there wasn't any significant difference between the floors. The room was large with a king bed and love seat and a beautiful view of the Columbia river and the expansion bridge to Washington. Nice HD TV and for $10 you could get two movies at a time, but within a 24 hour period, could view as many as you wanted! It was raining some of the time we were there, so we watched 4 movies in our two day stay! Breakfast was very good. A nice room with a view of the river. Staff was very friendly and served cookies each night! Great stay! My wife said the only thing she would of liked in such a nice place were ceramic coffee cups rather than the paper.

Room Tip: End room on either floor next to suites
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasen T
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My room here was on the backside of the place, overlooking the hike and bike trail, and offering a superior view of the Columbia River. The room in fact is almost directly under the bridge across the Columbia from Astoria to the Washington side of the river. Several huge cargo ships passed by while I was there. The room had a gas-fired fireplace, and like virtually every other Holiday Inn Express in which I've stayed, was quiet, clean and comfortable. Standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast, but it's a very short drive to the downtown area. View alone was worth it. Helpful staff had good restaurant recommendations.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room on the back side to enjoy the view of the Columbia River ... there were some fantastic sunrises and sunsets to be seen.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The HIE&S is located right next to the Astoria bridge. The ships that pass by to go under the bridge seem so close that you feel you can yell out to the people on board.

The hotel is nice (exercise room, swimming pool and hot tub), Gas fireplaces in our room as well as in the lobby. They had a rack of bicycles that I'm guessing guests could borrow, but I didn't ask.

The marina is a short walk away.

What we liked: gas fireplace, large room, decent bathroom. comfortable beds, great view. The hotel tried really hard to make sure we were comfortable. e.g. they called to check if we had found everything to our liking.

What we didn't like: there seemed to be a draft coming from under the a/c unit. This was not a problem because it was not very cold, but I'm guessing could be on a cold winter's day. The bathroom had sink inside the bath, which made it more difficult for our family of 4 to get ready in the morning.

The breakfast spread was decent, except that the bacon was burned to a crisp. It had been cooked so long it had become paper thin. The scrambled eggs that were in the adjacent warming plate was burnt around the edges. That was the first time I've ever seen burnt scrambled eggs...

The cable service is from "Charter", and doesn't have a guide mode. It was difficult to find what we wanted to watch. The channels seemed to have recently turned to HD. There was a card in the room with the stations and channel numbers.

Room Tip: Pick an even numbered room, they are the ones with a view of the Columbia River and the Astoria Bridge. Higher floors are probably better. Having said that, we were on the 2nd floor and quite liked the view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family