This is an amazing hotel for the Holiday Inn Express brand. It's right on the river near the bridge across the Columbia. Riverside rooms look out on the river as enormous ships pass by. On that side of the hotel is a footpath that goes into downtown Astoria as well as the riverfront trolley that goes to the Oregon Maritime Center.
The rooms are huge and well appointed. Most have in-room refrigerators and microwaves. Some have jacuzzis. Very clean. My only gripe is that they block the windows from opening more than a couple of inches and the rooms can get stuffy.
Decent enough free breakfast room in the morning. Pig 'n' Pancake is across the street as well.
For a comfortable, affordable stay in Astoria, this is easily my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all non smoking Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Astoria is set on the banks of the Mighty Columbia River, offering spectacular, unobstructed views, and comfortable accommodations. Hotel features include, free Hi-Speed Wireless Internet, free local phone calls, and Complimentary Hot Express Start Breakfast, We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Astoria Oregon, the oldest American settlement west of the Rocky Mountains, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Astoria. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Astoria Hotel Astoria
- Holiday Inn Express Astoria
- Holiday Inn Astoria