“Incredibly interesting, unusual, and amazing coffee drinks”
Review of The Coffee Girl

The Coffee Girl
Ranked #1 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Astoria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Tucked away in a corner of the old cannery building in Astoria you will find this little coffee shop/cafe which offers some very interesting coffee choices. I had the blackberry coconut mocha - the best latte I have ever had! It really can't be described - you just have to experience it. The history of the cannery, the mighty Columbia River outside the window, and the friendly staff add to the ambiance. Plus you can learn who the "coffee girls" really were.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had delicious sluce of banana bread and just a simple vanilla latte and my boyfriend had a yummy slice of pumpkin bread. But his drink was awesome and tasted just like what it was named after: french toast! Small and cozy but we had no trouble finding a spot by the window to watch the ships go by. We were there on a rainy day but I bet it's even better when you can use the patio. The ladies behind the counter were very nice.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

You must drive or walk over a wooden pier to find this fun place. It is located in a cannery building, and a visit includes a free tour of the place where tuna was canned, complete with accessories, old boats, and photos of the workers. Once you find Coffee Girl, you enter this modest restaurant and see friendly folks and a great view of the Columbia River. Coffee is great, sandwiches tasty, baked goods fabulous (my brother-in-law says "best coffee cake ever!"). Don't miss this cool place as you travel through Astoria.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I came across this by accident when visiting the Rogue Ale restaurant at the front of the old Bumble Bee Cannery building. The staff is friendly, the coffee was excellent and the views are simply amazing!

Take the time to explore the old cannery inside the same building as well as the boardwalk all around the building.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I discovered Coffee Girl by accident, out on Pier 39 to visit the site of the old Bumble Bee tuna canning factory while on a weekend getaway to Astoria. I noticed there was a coffee place, and I planned to grab a cup to go on my way out. The little dusty museum of Bumble Bee days was fascinating. One of the old black & white photo enlargements was of an older woman; the caption read that she had retired after 56 years at The Coffee Girl, which I deduced was a coffee counter right in the factory who served the cannery workers (quite a perk for the 30s). When I realized the coffeehouse was also The Coffee Girl, I was delighted that the tradition was still alive. They even use the original counter from the old shop. I fell in love the name and the logo so much that I bought a shirt and a mug before I even tried the yummy breve (and who even has the deliciously wicked breve on coffee menus any more these days?).

The Coffee Girl is an adorable coffeehouse over the water at the end of Pier 39. The setting is the most stupendous I've seen in a coffeehouse, the coffee thoughtfully poured (they're into the coffee art of drawing designs and pictures in your latte), and you can sit outside when it's sunny and listen to the water lapping under you and watch the cargo ships go by, framed by the Astoria Bridge in the distance.

The only downside is there's not that much parking on the pier, so when the ale house is open, their customers consume most of the spots. If you don't mind walking, the "bridge" wood plank jetty is only about 500 feet long.