Hotel Elliott
HIExpress.com
$119
Commodore Hotel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Astoria Crest Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
$219
Hotwire.com
Norblad Hotel And Hostel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsrooftop deckwine barheated floorsfire pitaveda productsdowntown astoriasunday marketrestored hotelsupper clubcontinental breakfastwatch the sunsethistoric charmjunior suiteyogurtcinnamon rollsstreet noisejacuzzi tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I loved the hotel! The staff were nothing but accommodating, my hotel room was well appointed, and the bed was so comfortable! What a wonderful experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or thinking about traveling to Astoria. It is the perfect jumping off point for all of your adventures!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Booked the king jacuzzi suite for my husband and my anniversary. The room was dirty (dust all over fireplace, cobwebs from drapes to tv, melon seeds on carpet and hair in the jacuzzi tub). We also were disappointed that there were no vending machines (for soda) nor was there any on site to purchase. When I asked at the front desk I was told that there was convenience store down the street a couple blocks. When I said I didn't want to walk that far in the rain...one of the front desk people made a smart comment "use an umbrella!".
At check out, when asked how my stay had been I handed the girl my comment card and told her that I had noted all our problems. She didn't even look at the card, just handed us our receipt and said thank you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank beachsherry
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Hotel Elliott, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay, we appreciate all guest responses. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. With a new hotel manager recently in place we have been making some great changes at the hotel including the consistency of service delivery, staff training and overall cleanliness. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out the onsite comment card and connecting with us after your stay to expand on the details of your post. It allowed us to look further into your concerns and take corrective action. Since the stay you are referencing was paid for via a donated gift certificate (the Hotel Elliott participates in many non-profit fundraising efforts!) we regret that we were unable to reimburse you for any part of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another complimentary stay and improving upon your experience at the Hotel Elliott. Best regards, John Taffin, General Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2010

We booked MONTHS in advance at $119/night...when we checked in, the clerk -- unaware of our arrangement -- tried to charge us $185 and said it was their "normal" rate. Other couples in our party were charged over $200 for their rooms, and they were in even smaller than ours....and to say our room was a shoebox would be an insult to shoeboxes! The continental breakfast was like an afterthought from an elderly woman who hadn't stocked her pantry for two months. The whole experience was a complete rip off and monumentally disappointing. We should've stayed elsewhere for half the price, and next time we will...

3  Thank TnT16301

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay, we appreciate all guest responses. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. Because of the historic nature of our hotel we have many room types in our 32 room property, ranging from 250 sq. ft. guest rooms to our 1,100 sq. ft. Presidential Suite. We have recently upgraded our complimentary continental breakfast and have been hearing good comments from our guests. While we always encourage our guests to let us know about any concerns at the time of their stay, which allows us to correct them during their visit, we understand this is not always possible. We would love to hear directly from you, please contact me at (503) 325-2222 if I can be of further assistance. Best regards, John Taffin, General Manager.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

$275 for a night plus tax and pet deposit? This place is not that great compared to other historic hotels on the west coast. Small rooms and noisy neighbors are just some of the issues I had but when it came time for the "included breakfast" what a joke. I cannot begin to tell you how disappointing it was. No eggs, bacon, nice fruit or good coffee. Instead, a plate with cheese, some wheat bread and a few other sorted items that were not so breakfast like. We wound up going to a really great restaurant down the street called Steve and Al's or something like that. The Elliot gets a failing grade from us and the three other couples who went with us.
I need to point out that the Elliot cost $120 more than our 1800' square ft condo in Maui at the El Dorado.

5  Thank unicornfan

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we greatly value all guest feedback. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. We do recognize that the room rates on the Oregon Coast fluctuate quite dramatically during our demand season. We have recently upgraded our complimentary continental breakfast and have been hearing good comments from our guests... We agree with you that the hotel is surrounded by some fantastic restaurants – we love our downtown location! If you are ever in Astoria again, we would love the opportunity to show you our changes. Please contact me at (503) 325-2222 if I can be of further assistance. Best regards, John Taffin, General Manager.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

I was told the hotel has a new manager and it is also has a tax lien on it by the City of Astoria, owning the city over $62,000. The website says the room comes with a breakfast, but it is only a continental breakfast.. There is no eggs and bacon, no toast or decaf coffee. Only cereal, pastries and hard boil eggs, serve in the lobby. We stayed in room 201, which had french glass doors, not very secure. The room had a seperate bedroom with tv/dvd player and a living room area with a very small desk, taken up with the coffee pot tray and telephone, very small flat screen tv, microwave, chair, sofa, coffee table and end table. The bathroom was off of the living room. No fridge, the wireless internet signal was very weak and there was no information package in the room. Our bathroom had no hand towels, burn out overhead light and mold starting in shower grout. The hotel has no parking lot, only street parking and a city lot in the next block. There is a smell in the lobby and hallway. The best thing about the hotel is its downtown location near many restuarants. If the new manager get the day to day details corrected, maybe if would be again be a place to stay. But right now I would go with another hotel in Astoria.

3  Thank lgrohr

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay. We appreciate all guest responses. Our website has been completely updated as have other sites with whom we partner. Room 201 is typically a highly sought after room with its generous size and separate parlor and bedroom, heated stone bathroom floor, cedar lined closets and high thread count sheets and upgraded beds and bedding. We have added a refrigerator at your suggestion. Also, we have modified the complimentary continental breakfast and have been receiving good comments from the guests. We appreciate you taking the time to connect with us after your stay to expand on the details of your post. Best regards, John Taffin, General Manager.