“Great weekend getaway!”
Review of Hotel Elliott

Hotel Elliott
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed November 13, 2008

This hotel is in a good location, close to shops and dining...but we didn't want to leave! We spent the evening the basement wine bar and in the cigar lounge. The room was beautiful and comfortable - nicely remodeled, still had character. The bathroom was great, especially the Aveda products. The shower had great water pressure, which is something we really appreciated after getting absolutely soaked at the beach. The only thing we wished for was a mini fridge. Will stay again!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 5, 2008

Checkin went smoothly and the room was nice, but the next morning (Friday) we were awakened at 6am by a street sweeper roaring past our window at a snail's pace. And again 15 minutes later. Then crashing and clanking (dunno what that was, I tried to ignore it). Then a garbage truck. And so on.

My girlfriend called the front desk to see if they had earplugs, but they did not. The apologized about the noise and said they had been talking with the city to resolve the problem. WTF? It would have been nice if they had mentioned this to my girlfriend when she asked for a quiet room. The noise was intolerable and I am amazed that they even take reservations for Thursday nights.

Later in the day, I asked if I should get a room somewhere else if I wanted to sleep soundly until 8 or 9. The woman at the desk asked if I was going to stay one more night, or two. What does that tell you? We only stayed one more night (and Saturday morning wasn't bad), but see other reviews here about the noise associated with the Sunday market across the street.

The building itself is very nice. The restoration must have cost a fortune, from the conference room and lounge in the basement to the rooftop patio and garden. The rooms are a bit small but well-appointed. The beds are very comfortable, the bathroom floors are heated. Breakfast was quite nice - food was prepared at the restaurant across the street and served downstairs.

But I'll wager $20 that the investors who backed this hotel never stayed there on a Thursday or Saturday night.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Delaminator
Reviewed September 17, 2008

I am an author/speaker who was invited to Astoria for a women's event that was held at The Hotel Elliott. I stay in many large/chain hotels with my work, but my room at the Elliott was as nicely decorated as any that I've stayed--much better than many. My only regret was that I didn't have more time to spend in the room!
I recommend the 4th floor, facing the ocean: beautiful view, fresh sea breeze, comfy chair and gas fireplace. Down comforter and VERY comfortable bed. The hotel is beautifully renovated, intimate and cozy. The charm of an historic hotel in the center of town. Immaculatly clean,; the staff was friendly and helpful.
I plan to go again!
Judy Dippel

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2008

The Hotel Elliott is AMAZING

My wife and I have been blessed to have traveled to a lot of destinations around the world. Being a native to the Northwest, I love finding close proximities to stay at to feel like we have been gone for a week when it's only for the weekend. Few places we stay offer that experience.

When we booked the Hotel Elliott, I was skeptical. It sounded too good to be real. When we arrived it was the essence of Hawaii with the huge bouquet of flowers on the front desk. The experience went from great to amazing in 2 days. Everything from the elegance of the rooms to the comfort of the cigar room made you never want to leave the hotel. When we had a glass of wine in the unbelievably decorated wine room, we opened another bottle and enjoyed the live musician.

We went up to the balcony where there are beautifully arranged furniture to make you never want to get up from there either. We could see the whole town and an amazing 180 degree view of the Columbia River. There were even gas fire places up there with a barbeque. Relaxing is all I can say.

Now, I have to finally mention the beds and my room. The atmosphere in the room was stellar. The colors and craftsmanship of the room made us feel like we were in a very expensive facility. No expense was spared to give you a feeling of royalty and comfort. The beds are more comfortable than my $1500 pillow top I have at home. I felt like I was away for a week.
Although it is downtown, I have never had more fun exploring a little city in my life. You don't have to drive anywhere.

John and Michele
Camas WA

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This was my third stay at the Elliot. My opinion after my previous two visits remains the same. Its the best show in town! The accommodations are very comfortable. The heated bathroom floors are a nice touch and the oversized Jacuzzi tub fills quickly. Directly across the street is one of Astoria's best dinner houses with a great little bar. Other restaurants are within a short walk. Do I recommend? Absolutely!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ccfnw46
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I stayed here recently on a visit to Astoria. Love the hotel, love the staff, and can't say enough about the beds! I will not stay anywhere else in town.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2008

This was our second stay at the Elliott, and we were not disappointed! The rooms are nicely appointed, and we especially like the heated bathroom floors. The beds are as advertised - wonderful. In fact, if you look on the floor of the elevator, "Wonderful Beds" is inlaid there. Don't miss the rooftop area. There is a great view of all of Astoria. At sunset, the spires of the Astor Hotel to the east are lit, and the silhouette of the Megler bridge is stunning! We'd recommend rooms on the 12th Street side as being a little quieter and not as warm on a summer's day. Breakfast in the Crabernet Room downstairs is quite nice and a notch above your regular Continental breakfast with fresh waffles! If you are there on a Sunday in the summer, don't miss the Market. In fact it's right outside the front door. It's one of the biggest we've seen.

• Stayed: June 2008