“Great location and Great Deal”

Astoria Riverwalk Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night over Memorial Day weekend. We wanted a king bed but their website said none were available, but after a call to the Inn they were able to get us one at a great price. The woman at the counter (blanking on her name) was great and offered many different restaurant options for dinner that night. The bed was super comfortable and the room was clean and neat. The only drawback was not having access to the balcony but we understood that they were still remodeling. We will definitely come back again.

3  Thank Hallgris
There are newer reviews for Astoria Riverwalk Inn

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My niece, Rose, lives in Portland, and she invited her mom, grandma and me, her aunt, to visit in early June 2012. We stayed at the Riverwalk Inn two nights. Seth Davis, General Manager, greeted us at the front desk and arranged for two rooms. He introduced us to Astoria and made recommendations such as the Sunday Market, well worth visiting. Then, Seth told us there would be freshly smoked salmon appetizers and wine at 5 pm. That’s when we met Seth’s business partner, Brad. He was gracious, and we felt sure we were right where we wanted to be.

We learned that Seth and Brad recently bought the inn in March this year. In less than two months, they renovated 87 units with many more to meet their high standards of hospitality and ingenuity. There is a breakfast room where visitors make waffles, enjoy fruit juices, fresh fruit, cereal and choices of four kinds of bread. And, best of all, really good coffee.

Walking into our room my mother and I saw a colorful display of boats anchored in the harbor. Each unit overlooks the harbor through sliding glass doors. The room includes an ample table and two chairs, TV, game console and lovely miniature soaps and shampoo. What most caught my mom’s and my attention were the bedding. Crisp white sheets and cotton-covered quilts. No heavy, rarely-cleaned “fancy” bed covers. The bed was delicious, and the room was “done and dusted.”

Soon after, we discovered our thermostat was broken, and in Astoria that could leave us very chilly even in late spring. Not more than ten minutes went by when Joshua knocked on the door, and replaced it. Joshua is a plumber, technology guy and electrical genius. You couldn’t find a more experienced contractor.

When the time comes to visit again in Astoria, there’s no question you’ll find us at the Riverwalk Inn.

Room Tip: Every room faces the harbor, which we found lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rosestevan S
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My groupon brought me to this hotel. I had not heard of it before - but soon realized it had previously been a Red Lion Hotel. It is clear this hotel is going through remodeling. But let me say - the staff are great - very much wanting your stay to be wonderful. I was given a discount coupon to a local restaurant. There was a nice free breakfast. The view was amazing from the room. True - it is a little outdated in the room - but clean and full of promise of a nice stay. I'm sure you could find a more expensive - modern room. But this place is really charming and in a good location - the trolley runs right past it. And within walking distance of a great gluten-free restaurant Bridgeview. Give this hotel a chance - they are working so hard to make it a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Portland828
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I was pretty apprehensive about staying at this place, but I thought that it could not be that bad, given that it use to be Red Lion. The hotel is a bit old, and shabby for my taste. The views were pretty cool, except you could not enjoy the balcony, because they locked the sliding glass door. The room was clean, and comfortable, excpet it needed updating, which I think they were doing, but It seems like a slow process. It was very windy and raining out when we stayed here, so there was a lot of noise coming through the door, so we changed rooms. The room needed more updating then our last noisy room, for sure, but made do. You can not go wrong with the price we paid, but any other price, I would have to pass on this place. The service was great, the bikes were for rent, but you had to pay. They were really nice bikes, nicer than the hotel. The food for the continental breakfast was not good, the hot water for the tea was cold, and it was very basic.You are better off eating out or bringing your own food. The maid came by, which was this older man with no name tag or cart with his cleaning materials, it was a bit odd, and I can not believe I opened the door. My boyfriend got kind of upset with me, but I did not know. Overall our stay was pleasant for the price, great experience for a one time thing.

Room Tip: Choose a more upgraded room that is newly renovated.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisaungie
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We had a great weekend at the Astoria Riverwalk Inn. Beautiful views in the quiet end of town and it is right by what I consider to be the best restaurant in town, the Bridgewater Bistro. They rent out bikes which made discovering the town much easier. An example of the great service: We missed the wine and cheese that they served one evening so they sent us up to our room with two bottles of wine. That's the kind of service that will keep us coming back.

4  Thank Davidshankar
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife, two boys and I took a needed break to Astoria using a Groupon to get away for the weekend at the Astoria Riverwalk Inn. We stayed in a very good sized double queen room with beautiful views of the bay and the boats on the dock from every room. As the resort is going through a remodel we understand that many changes will be happening after getting the chance to talk with the owners. We stayed two very restful nights in comfortable beds and could barely tell that we had other visitors staying in the rooms around us. We took advantage of the continental breakfast which did lack some variety as it was only waffles, toast, cereal, bananas, coffee, juice and tea, but was greatly appreciated at the price we paid.

The resort is in the process of adding some family suites that not only will be very economical, but will allow families to spend quality time together in the historic berg of Astoria. We fully enjoyed the trolley ride along the riverfront which we boarded right in front of the resort.

We look forward to returning to see how the property continues to improve through renovation. We know it will be an affordable weekend getaway option. We also were thankful to get to chat with the owner during an afternoon smoked salmon and cheese snack. It was nice to get to hear the vision for the resort as well as share our enthusiasm for access to a new affordable weekend getaway. We would recommend this resort to those who are flexible and not expecting a five star experience.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong, they all have great views!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mateo C
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Convenient, picturesque, comfortable, high quality accommodations. After an exhausting but beautiful drive along the coast, our room provided us with exceptional comfort and a restful view. The amenities and furnishings are top notch and tastefully executed. This is indeed a welcome addition to the lodging choices in Astoria and I might add, the only choice for us in future trips to this area. Our hats off to the new owners who are enthusiastically meeting a spirited challenge in the hospitality market.

Room Tip: We did not check out the availability of a fitness center or pool. We understand that the owners wi...
1  Thank Shirley S