“Astoria”

Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
“Astoria”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable room. Dawn was helpful and answered all our questions. Upgraded us to a jacuzzi room fun! We also were able to do a couple loads of wash in a clean serviceable room down the hall. So nice since this was the midpoint of our road trip up the coast.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Pam W,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria! I am glad to read that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the Jacuzzi Suite. It's always nice to relax in a Jacuzzi by the fire, it's rejuvenating! I will pass your comments on to Dawn and she will receive special recognition for her guest services.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

-Brandon Kraft

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our 'Road Trip' lead us to the mouth of the Columbia River. Having just signed up for the BWRewards and being pleased with last nights stay at a BWestern, we stayed here. I didn't catch the front desk attendants name.. but she was really friendly, talked about local movies made in the area and gave us the corner room with a fabulous view of the bridge and the river. Amazing sunset!! thanx! The room was clean and had everything we needed. I would say the only negatives were after we turned the TV off I could hear the guy in the next room talking on the phone.. (clearly) and in the morning the footsteps on the tile and creaking floor above. Poor construction? Internet was a little slow but considering the location I was happy to have a connection at all and it was only slower than I was used to, no big deal. Overall we would probably stay here again if in the area, maybe on the top floor though.

Room Tip: Corner room with view towards the bridge and the river is best. Try to get the top floor as there is...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear NoBadDays1,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria. I am glad to read that your stay was satisfying and we do hope to have you come back and allow us to serve you again on your future stays.

Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Okay, I realize that I am in Astoria, Oregon. I cannot expect much. With that said, the pictures for the property are correct, but there are some things missing. First off, the cigarette butts outside the building doors needs to be cleaned up. This is not what I want to see as a first impression when I am heading in to my room. There were not just a few, you could tell it had been used as an ashtray for quite sometime. Next, the bedside table had "gunk" all along the side of it. You could tell it hadn't been cleaned in awhile. There were splatters of more "gunk" (maybe blood) on the wall by the nightstand. Not something I really want to lay my head by. The round pillow on the bed had a very large wet looking stain on it. That was the first thing to be taken off the bed. There were soft spots in the floor where you could see yourself sink down as you are walking across it. In general the building was not built very well (loud when you walk, can hear everyone, etc..). The breakfast was decent for hotel breakfast (and I have had A LOT of hotel breakfast) and the front desk staff was nice after my initial "you do not have my reservation right" shock. As I stated above, I realize I am in Astoria, Or and I cannot expect the best, but I do expect clean and this wasn't that clean when you really look at it. Might suggest the brand new Hampton Inn down the road on the river.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank theluckeone
Dear theluckeone,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria. I do want to thank you for you review and apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I will use your comments as a tool to improve how the hotel operates.

Parksville, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were met by a lovely, professional young woman who could not have done more to provide a welcoming introduction to her hotel. She assigned us to a very special room, complete with fireplace and jacuzzi. We have been trying to stay faithful to Best Westerns and this visit will reinforce our feelings to continue using their hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear PMM1946,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria. Our entrance is a bit interesting, we admit, however I am glad the hotel and my staff were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for being loyal Best Western guests. We appreciate all of our members that make us the largest chain of hotels in the world!

See you again soon!

Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently scheduled a business event at this Hotel and have nothing but the highest praise for my stay. Customer service is exceptional. My room was awesome. I just booked another stay with them. Brandon Kraft and his staff ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 244 it has a great view!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Vicki,

Doing business with you and your team is always a pleasure. We look forward to having you stay again very soon and to a long business partnership.

Saint Helens, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently booked the King Suite at Best Western's Lincoln Inn and it was more than I had imagined, especially for the price! I booked through Expedia and got a great rate and a AAA discount.. I could have easily paid 100.00 for a normal room but I opted for about 30.00 more and got a suite which was bigger than most 1 bedroom apartments I have seen. Easily could seat 10 people with a full kitchen, bath, living and bedroom. The closet was huge and so was the bed.. very nice marble countertops.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Kristen M,

Congratulations on your anniversary! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on this special day. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time and you were able to experience our King Suite. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the area, and perhaps your next anniversary!

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Bethany was great. We have a new baby and she went out of her way to make sure our stay was great! Definitely stay there again! The room was great also. The morning staff was great. The breakfast was very filling.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Terry M,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria! So glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and encountered excellent guest services. I will pass your message on to the staff. We hope to see you again on your next time to Astoria.