Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
$139
Commodore Hotel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Restaurant
Astoria Rivershore Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$69
$375
Hotwire.com
Astoria Crest Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$79
Orbitz.com
Norblad Hotel And Hostel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$69
Agoda.com
1,025 results
All reviewsu haulbest westernswestern hotelscolumbia riverhot tubnice hotelbreakfast roomwafflesindoor poolfree breakfastnice viewcookieswalking pathcomfortable bedsdesk clerkgreat place to stayfourth floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have stayed in many BW Inns, but the manager here is one of the most visibile BW managers we have seen. She was at the desk greeting or helping guests with problems.

When I called to make a reservation with a free award we were given a very nice room. I said that is great as it is our anniversary. When we arrived the clerk wished us a happy anniversary. AND we were given anniversary cupcakes -- made by the manager.

The view was great so for our 48th anniversary night we decided to eat in our room. We went to Northwest Wild Products and purchased their fresh crab and shrimp -- along with cheese, crackers and wine we had a wonderful anniversary in Astoria.

We planned on staying one night with our reward but enjoyed the Inn so much we stayed a second night.

The hotel is a bit strange to get to, but once there the interior of the check in is very calming, and the rooms have been upgraded with wonderful decor. We were there two nights and both nights were almost full -- we never heard a sound in the hallway.

The Inn has easy access to get over to the Washington side or to go to Seaside.

We have stayed at 4 motels/hotels in Astoria, and we have no complaints about any of them. HOWEVER, this is the one we will go back to again. It is clean, and it has good breakfast choices and the price is excellent for what you get. ALSO, the river view is fablulous, and there is a wonderful walking trail by the motel.

TRAVEL TIP -- Astoria is an amazing city to visit.

Room Tip: We had a corner room so we had a double view -- the brigde and the river to watch the ships come in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear KFpelican,

Firstly let me say that I am humbled by your praise! Thank you. We so very much enjoyed having you both here, and that we were your choice for something as special as a 48th Anniversary. Glad to know that you enjoyed the cupcakes as well! You be sure and let me know when you decide to return, and we can see what kind of goodies will await!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were early for check-in by two hours at this river side hotel in Astoria...anxious to rest up and get changed for an evening speaking engagement. The desk clerk was most apologetic, praised her housekeeping staff for working hard, took our cell phone number and called us in a half hour when the room was ready. I think she upgraded us to a lovely corner room with a great view of the marine traffic.
What is it though about dark, wood panelled hotel lobbies, with low ceilings and a pea size pool seen through steamy glass?...not welcoming. Time for an upgrade.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jothvn

Dear jothvn,

Thank you for your praise towards our staff. Summer gets very busy, and while I apologize that the room was not ready when you arrived, we were able to get you in one of our most popular rooms. Please let us know if you travel our way again!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I will say something nice before I complain--the inside of the hotel looked very up to date and clean as I entered the check in area. The hassle started after that. When being told how to get to my room it sounded odd but I was not really paying attention because how hard can it be to get to a room. Well, I found out. I brought my luggage in on a cart that was provided and looked for the elevator. I could not find it. I asked the young lady at the counter and she stated its at the end of the hall. However my room was just above where I was standing. So follow the bouncing ball here-bear with me. When I arrived home I got on goggle maps to see how far the elevator was from my room--it was about 165 feet away. So trip one, I pushed the cart 165 feet thru the parking lot up a ramp and to the elevator then walked back 165 feet to my room,then 165 feet back to the elevator then 165 feet back to the lobby to return the cart and all this for the small price of 175.00 a night. No the distance is not exact but it is very close and I hope the manager does not try to write something back on this and say I could have asked for help--there was only one poor girl checking people in and I saw no one else, and just a " yeah its kind of tricky to get there" respone from her. The room was nice as I said but cramped with a very small restroom. If the elevator was where it should have belonged in the lobby and the room bigger the place may be worth 90.00 a night but not 175.00. PS--the breakfast was ok

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mikisme
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Mikisme,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I am sorry that the elevator, which is located in the middle of the building, did not meet your needs. Please come stay with us again and we would be happy to make sure you are assigned a room that is closer to the elevator.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were pleased with this hotel (and the yummy cookies at the main desk). Our room was
spacious and we liked the decor and free wi-fi and white duvets. (I always like the white instead
of the dark bedspreads as then I know it is really clean.) The staff was friendly and helpful.
The morning breakfast and USA Today paper were a great way to begin the day.

Room Tip: I liked room 141 as it was an end room, quiet and with a good view from two sides.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nevadatraveler1
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Nevadatraveler,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I agree with you - the cookies are Yummy! Please let us know if you plan to be our way again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

It took us a while to finally reach this motel. It is located in an industrial area. Check-in was pleasant. Our room was spacious and clean with a harbor view. Breakfast was hot and plenty. A comfortable bed and a quiet night made for a good sleep.
As with so many other motels, maintenance seems to be the weak point. The faucet handle was so loose that we were afraid that it might fall off. The water drained extremely slow.
I would definitely stay in this facility again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Klausmac
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of the property. We are always delighted to hear when a guest compliments the staff for their hard work and dedication. We hope to see you soon.