“Very clean and upgrading as we speak...”

Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was in Astoria on business in April 2012. I stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Lincoln Inn right on the water in Astoria. I was a hesitant because I tend to prefer Marriott properties but the price was really good and our business appreciates it when we try to save money on travel.
This is an older property that is situated next to a marine repair yard, within sight of Astoria's famed Astoria-Meglar Bridge. My first impression was not very favorable as you go down a sidestreet towards a working shipyard before turning into the driveway which runs between some storage units. Not a great beginning.
My impression changed as soon as I walked in the front door. While it is not an ultramodern theme, I found the entrance area practically appointed and clean. The young lady working the front desk was very friendly and happily answered my questions and quickly got me moving towards my room. She was very efficient but also took the time to let you know they appreciate your business.
The carpets were all brand new and when I walked in my room I was thrilled to see it was completely remodeled and even smelled new. Granite countertops, very comfortable bed, microwave and refrigerator were all in excellent condition. Sound insulation is a little lacking but that is to be expected in an older property. The TV, while not a flat panel, was also spotless and worked perfectly. It is a really good sign when the mgt. makes the effort to specially select a TV Remote that can be easily sanitized...Well Done!
My view looked over the shipyard to the Colombia River channel where massive oceangoing ships were a frequent site.
My two nights at the BW Lincoln Inn were very restful and I especially appreciated the excellent housekeeping and friendly staff located throughout the hotel. Breakfast was standard fare with cereals, breads, waffles, eggs/sausage etc. The dining area was clean and well-appointed for your typical complimentary breakfast.
This is not a 5-star resort, but if you are looking for a clean and friendly place to stay in Astoria, you won't go wrong at the BW Lincoln Inn. Now....if we could just get some sunshine in Oregon....

Room Tip: Higher rooms will give you a better view of the Colombia River...however, probably more important is...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank clarkboys6
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Ah yes, sunshine in Oregon. If I could have dialed it up for your stay I certainly would have! But I do want to thank you for a very concise and articulate review. I am very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. We hope to see you again. Tip - weather in September and October can't be beat!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a spur of the moment trip to the coast. The hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable and the young girl at the front desk was very nice. We would definitely stay here again. Doesn't smell, room and bedding were clean.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bacn59

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations on your vacation. I hope that we can be your hotel of choice from here on out! When you decide to get away again, please contact me directly at the hotel and I will make sure to get you another great room.

Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2012

From entry to exit the Best Western Lincoln Inn made us feel welcome and comfortable. The staff greeting us, Abbey and Lawanda were friendly and very informative. Our room was spacious and far beyond our expectations. Abbey was kind enough to upgrade us to a room with a hot tub and fire place, which on a rainy, chilly evening felt so very special. Breakfast the next morning presented nice warm eggs, sausage, multi grained toast, juice and fresh coffee. Ashley greeted us while we dined, and went about her duties assuring all breakfast partakers there was plenty for all. She did a great job! A staff this personal and caring, and rooms this clean and cozy deserve our highest recommendations. Well done to all at the Best Western Lincoln Inn in Astoria, OR.

1  Thank Terri J
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

After reading this review I can only say that myself and the staff were quite humbled by your words. Everyone here has worked very hard to make this a great hotel and when we are praised by a guest such as yourselves we feel very accomplished. We really hope to see you again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Really nice room, really nice hotel. Great bed, good wifi. Spent two nights, have no complaints, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get ocean side, very quiet, nice to hear the water.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the property. I am happy that we were able to meet and or exceed your expectations. I hope we can have you as a repeat guest. Please feel free to contact me at the property if you have any questions or comments you might not have addressed.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

As a BW rewards member I arrived without a reservation, Michelle instantly made us feel welcome and gave us a nice King room (428) which had a decent view of the river. Check in was swift. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovation, but we weren't disturbed by any noise. There are free cookies in the lobby in the afternoon, which is always a nice touch.

Our room contained a fridge, microwave, large TV & coffee maker. Shower pressure was good in the bathroom. There is free wifi throughout the hotel, however I experienced problems accessing it several times on both my laptop & iphone, however once connected speed was adequate for browsing etc. I don't normally get accessability problems in BW's.

There is a pool, hot tub, sauna & fitness room. The pool was a little cooler than I expected compared to other BW pools I've used. The hot tub was nice & warm as it should be with a good power jet. I gave up trying to use the sauna, as it was off when I first entered it, so I switched it on, but after an hour the room wasn't that warm so I gave up.

Michelle on reception gave us a recommendation for the Bridgwater Bistro for dinner around a 15 min walk along the riverfront. Food in there was slightly more expensive, but most definitely worth it.

Breakfast in the hotel was one of the best I think I've ever had in a BW. Plenty of food, very tidy area. Usual offerings, cereal, waffles, scrambled eggs & sausage etc. I left breakfast feeling very very full!

Enjoyed this stay, my only complaint would be that the fridge in the room was a little loud & woke me up a couple of times in the night.

1  Thank DaveyBoysTravels
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay here was. The staff is very appreciative of guests who write a review. It certainly validates the hard work that they do to make this a great place to stay. Please contact me if you decide to visit again.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

It was the eve of my birthday and I decided to change hotels while in Astoria and chose this hotel as it was near the Columbia River.

I asked for a room with a view on a higher level floor.

I received one and the desk clerk even looked up my name and noted I was already enrolled in their Rewards Program that justified an upgrade and a later check out time.

I had not recalled that I had previously enrolled in this program!

The staff were incredible and the room had two large windows facing the Columbia River and was beatifully upgraded.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southwest side corner have the best view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you so very much for your awsome review! It really motivates the staff to go above and beyond for the guests! I agree with you about the room you were in, the views are really spectacular!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Days 3&4 of the Pacific Northwest tour.
While the view from our "river view" room left a bit to be desired the hotel itself was quite nice.
The room was recently refurbished, complete with nice beds, cushy carpet, and granite sink & shower.
What really set this motel apart though was the excellent service. Every person we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Our housekeeper gave us perfect service ( we stayed two nights because the entire family came down with a nasty cold ), the front desk staff was über helpful even helping us check road conditions, and Keri our breakfast attendant was working some miracles with the powdered eggs that they serve as part of breakfast. If you are looking for a place to stay in the Astoria area I definately recommend !

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank mutantchicken
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear mutantchicken,

Thank you for staying with us back in 2012. I apologize this response to your great post is so delayed. I am the new General Manager for the Best Western in Astoria and I wanted to let you know that we are even better than when you stayed with us last. With a new exterior and interior renovation we have re-imaged and are looking forward to improving even further.

I want to invite you to stay with us again on your next trip to Astoria, Oregon.

-Brandon Kraft

Also consider these accommodations in or near Astoria
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
Cannery Pier Hotel
Cannery Pier Hotel
#1 of 14 in Astoria
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort

Been to Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel? Share your experiences!