“Beautiful Place To Bike Ride!”

Fort Stevens State Park
Ranked #6 of 56 things to do in Astoria
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We have been to Fort Stevens State Park many times, we love to bike the miles of trails there. The Wreck of the Peter Iredale is very cool to view and to photograph. There is also Coffenbury Lake here which is pretty and tranquil. A nice lake for kayaking and paddling.

2  Thank syrahgirl

Reviewed January 22, 2011

My dad takes us all camping every year and we always have a great time. So many biking trails! Exploring all of the old batteries is also something we do every time we come. This park is one of my favorite vacation spots!

2  Thank Chihuahualuvr
Reviewed December 23, 2010

For an Oregon State Park....a little disapointing. The paving for your RV is super narrow...the narrowest I've ever seen. So when I stayed during the wet season you basically step out of your RV into puddles of water or mud. And the sites are far from level...even though they are asphalt. Sort of crummy, especially when compared to a park like Sunset Beach, OR. And the signage to the camping area is very poor...good luck if you come in after dark.

2  Thank aridjungle
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This park has a lot of different features. Go to Battery Russell and explore a old military battery. Then go check out the Peter Iredale an old shipwreck. You can see the Columbia river and the pacific ocean throughout the park. The south jetty is a great area to checkout as well.
Mainly we like to go tobyhe beach in an area where there ate not any people start a fire, cook hot dogs, let the dogs run free, look for shells and enjoy. Don't forget to bring firewood as burning driftwood is illegal.

1  Thank Likeagiidfood
Reviewed July 2, 2010

This state park campground is very well designed. The spots are spacious and situated in such a way to give you great privacy and a pretty setting. As other reviewers stated, there is much to do in the park....hiking, biking, fishing, boating, beaches, museums. The park is a "kid magnet" -- expect lots of families with lots of children. Even though the park did not have WiFi, my Verizon coverage was great and I could tether to my PC.

3  Thank itchyfeetx2