“Relaxing and beautiful”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relaxing and beautiful”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband I recently had a great trip up the Columbia River with Capt Chris. It was a beautiful evening. Capt Chris was very friendly and considerate of my apprehension with getting sea sick. I didn't get sea sick at all- the river was peaceful and gorgeous. He was a great host describing boats and landmarks along the Astoria shoreline. He took us up to some tankers and down the mouth of a smaller river with house boats. We saw several eagles, an osprey nest (with mom and the baby), and many seals.
There was another family of 5 on the cruise with us, who happened to be the owner of the delicious and fun Ft. George Brewery in town. His 9 y.o. son was on the boat and Capt. Chris was GREAT with him. He easily captured the kid's interest in being "First Mate" and had him sit in the seat next to him.
Capt. Chris was fun and funny, knowledgeable and hospitable. The cruise was great. A perfect way to spend an evening in Astoria.

2 Thank cudawuda

Idaho Falls, Idaho
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“a different view”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

we were lucky to have a day without rain ...Captain Chris was real nice and told us about the local history and a lot of his own experiences..We saw a different view of Astoria,loved the big ships...not sure about the price..I think it was kind of high for what we got to see ..we were supposed to be out for 3 hours and were only out for 2 1/2. We got to see some eagles and osprey..sealions..that was fun..he stopped doing the 2 hour tour so you had to go on a 3 hour one..$ 125 each person..

2 Thank patty p
United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Truly enjoyable”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I took my mother-in-law on the 3 hour evening cruise with Capt Chris to celebrate her 97th birthday. Yes, I was apprehensive about how she'd do. Her enthusiasm was real as she about jumped on the boat and almost flew up the ladder. Sit inside?! Are you kidding?!
Chris welcomed, assisted and included her in every aspect of the trip. He's extremely knowledgeable about boats, the Columbia River and the history of the area.
Along the way I took many photos, and MIL was giddy as she sat in the Captain's chair. It was a spectacular evening.
I highly recommend Columbia River Eco Tours.

3 Thank AWindingRoad
Excelsior, Minnesota, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Sunshine on a dreary day !”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Your visit Astoria should include the Columbia River Eco Tour. Don't pass up an opportunity to take this boat ride with Captain Chris. The weather may not have been optimum - but his personality and knowledge made the day bright.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank JanSMR
London, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A fantastic trip”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I can't recommend this enough. We took the three hour tour. Chris was a fantastic captain and guide. He made ourselves and our young children feel very at home on his huge yacht We saw so many memorable sights - huge cargo ships, seals, finishing boats being unloaded, Astoria from the river, boat houses and an amazing wildlife sanctuary. The highlight or our trip to the Oregon Coast. Thanks Chris.

Visited June 2013