“Seafood for breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast
Eugene, Oregon
“Seafood for breakfast”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We usually stop in for breakfast at the Pig 'n Pancake whenever we are in Astoria. Of course, you can get really good pancakes and pancake combinations, but where else would you find razor clams, or dungeness crab eggs benedict on a breakfast menu? They really prepare them well too. The service is prompt and friendly and is a sure bet when on the north coast.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Wine76

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Felt rushed, dinner service and dinner was poor.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

In my experience the service was rushed and very impersonal, I have kids and we ordered their dinner off the kids menu, my sons food (which was breakfast) was good; my daughters order on the other hand was poor. Her side of Mac and cheese was dry and the grilled cheese sandwich was overcooked. My wife and I ordered off the 2 for 22 dinner menu, prawns for her and chicken fried steak for me, the veggies were cold and baked potatoes were undercooked. The main entrées were ok but nothing spectacular. The check came with the entrées not after which made us feel rushed. Before We were finished eating we were brought our dessert; once again felt rushed. Dessert wasn't bad, I just fell irked when I pay for something that I could have made myself at home, better for less. Chief Gordon Ramsey would agree, we (as consumers) go out to eat and spend our hard eared money on food expected to be better than we ourselves can cook at home; you lose that, and what's your restaurant good for?

1 Thank Gdoorman
Boise, Idaho
“What We Expected”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food and prices were reasonable. Typical cafe menu. The staff were friendly and service was fast.

Visited November 2012
Fort Myers, FL
“Consistently outstanding breakfasts!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I eat at "The Pig" every time I'm in Astoria visiting relatives. It's so much better than the usual Denny's or IHOP fare. Where else can you get a Tilamook cheddar omelette or a Dungeness crab melt? How about Oregon marionberry syrup? The food is consistently excellent, great coffee, nice service - even when you show up with a crew of messy kids. :)

Visited December 2012
1 Thank 4hersheybear
Rogue River, Oregon
“Great food”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great Food at a good price and a very friendly wait staff. Won't go wrong here. We had Halibut and shrimp and it was done to perfection.

Visited December 2012