“A fun experience for a small price”
Review of Oregon Film Museum

Oregon Film Museum
Ranked #16 of 51 things to do in Astoria
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My 22 year old son wanted to visit and we got the family price (very low) to take a quick tour and make 5 short movies. It was a fun!

2  Thank Laurie C
There are newer reviews for Oregon Film Museum

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I uuess if you have seen Goonies or Kindergarten Kop you might find this interesting. We had a free pass to get in so it was OK but I don't think I would have paid to get in. You can make your own 1 minute film using props they provide, so kids will love this part.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

As I said in the title, we were on our Goonies filming locations trip, so the museum, (or jail if you will), is a must see. The admission price is reasonable, and there are some cool props to see including Data's jacket. It was pretty crowded on a weekday no less when we went, so expect to be bombarded with kids. We skipped doing any filming because even with about 10-20 people in there, there is no way you could do it.

That said, I am glad we went, it makes you feel like a kid again and they have a cool little gift shop with a gal who was a real asset to the place and helped us find some great other locations.

1  Thank Bill C
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The museum is located in the old jail that was used in the filming of "The Goonies". There is history of the movie and the actors from the film throughout the museum and there are three areas to make your own movie short! You can edit sounds into at the end and then they email you a link so you can download it online. Lots of fun!

1  Thank rb44chinook
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I thought it would have information about all the movies that were filmed in and around Astoria but it was all "Goonies".