“The film museum was a total ripoff - cost $6 and I was there for 10 min. max.”
Review of Oregon Film Museum

Oregon Film Museum
Ranked #16 of 50 things to do in Astoria
Oregon Coast, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The film museum was a total ripoff - cost $6 and I was there for 10 min. max.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I thought it would have information about all the movies that were filmed in and around Astoria but it was all "Goonies".

Visited April 2014

Portland, Oregon
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Worth the price”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Admission was included with a Groupon for our hotel so this was an entertaining visit. We never knew that OR had hosted some many movies. If you are more into movies than I this would have been a great experience. As it was, it was interesting and educational.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank RJpdx
Portland, Oregon
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Everyone can be an actor”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

They have various scenes you can act out and get the footage emailed to you. This was still in my "I'm an actress but shy around my new husband" phase. But, we did some scenes together and had some laughs. It's fun one time to go, but wouldn't be as fun if it was really crowded.

Visited August 2013
Maple Ridge, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Goonies!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My son is a big Goonies fan so we had to see the museum.It's in the old jail, so my husband had a mug shot taken, and then he and my son filmed a "screen test" that they email to you after .It was a fun visit.

Visited March 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Hey You Guys”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

If you are a true Goonies fan it doesn't matter how small this place is. For me my $6.00 was worth it. I'm 33 and it made me feel like I was 6. First off to be in a place where it was the first scene of The Goonies is great all in its self, then to be able to see a lot of props and learn about the different movies done in Oregon, I was surprised. On top of that they have little sets to do a scene from some movies and can have it sent to your email for a nice memory. Also there is a very nice lady there that is very informative about the local Hollywood fame. All in all this is a must for kids of all ages!

1 Thank Qsroom