“Excellent beer and food”

Fort George Brewery + Public House
Ranked #12 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: There’s always something new to try from the brewery’s rotating taps, including taster trays, pints, and growlers-to-go. The lively public house offers family-friendly dining with made-from-scratch meals using organic, natural, and local ingredients.An upstairs Woodfired Pizza venue was opened in the Summer of '13 and operates all day on Saturdays and Sundays, from 4:30-10pm on Wednesdays-Fridays and is closed Monday and Tuesday. Beautiful views and woodwork. Tours of the 30 barrel production brewery and beer canning line are available Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm and 4pm. Located on the site of the original 1811 settlement of Astoria, the locals lining the bar can get you up to speed on the city’s past, present, and future.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Often times, brewery/restaurants only get one of their offerings right. The Fort George does both exceptionally well. I've been in Astoria several weeks for work and have tried multiple food and beverage times on the menu. All have been great. Outside seething is nice on a sunny afternoon. Staff has been friendly every time. Also a great place for family, as I've taken the wife and kids too.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My beer was good, but the bacon blue chicken sandwhich was not. One strip of bacon? A sprinkle of blue cheese? I've made better tasting chicken breast marinating in Kraft dressing in a zippie all day than what they served. The kids menu was overpriced, but the carrots I ate from my child's plate (too hard for him to eat) were the best part of my meal. Except for the fries. Amazing fries.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We came here for lunch on our "Crazy Goonies Adventure" day and everyone was very happy with their meal. Most of us tried one the the many micro-brews available including, "The Truffle Shuffle". Terrific sausages and chicken and the waitstaff was super sweet. They automatically split our checks for us without the usual complaining you get from waiters. I would definitely eat here again when in town!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was impressed by the quality of the large fries with veggie chili appetizer. It satisfied and the chili was exceptional.

The place feels hip. One is someone because they went here for something.

I tried the beer sampler. 12 beers (many tasting of hops and little else) and a soda blasted my palate. I first came in to try the sampler and then grab a pint. I did not find a beer I wanted to revisit. For me, the entire line of beers needed some refining.

If you are going:
If you like stouts, I would recommend The Working Girl Stout.
If you like hops, you might like anything on the bar tab.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The location is good, but parking iffy. The interior is spacious and hip, but feels a bit minimal, hard. The music is for hipsters. The beer has highlights but suffers from too many types that blend together because of over-hopping. No red ale should taste more of hops than malt.