“great casual place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fort George Brewery + Public House

Fort George Brewery + Public House
Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There’s always something new to try from the brewery’s rotating taps, including taster trays, pints, and growlers-to-go. The lively public house offers family-friendly dining with made-from-scratch meals using organic, natural, and local ingredients.An upstairs Woodfired Pizza venue was opened in the Summer of '13 and operates all day on Saturdays and Sundays, from 4:30-10pm on Wednesdays-Fridays and is closed Monday and Tuesday. Beautiful views and woodwork. Tours of the 30 barrel production brewery and beer canning line are available Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm and 4pm. Located on the site of the original 1811 settlement of Astoria, the locals lining the bar can get you up to speed on the city’s past, present, and future.
Astoria, Oregon
“great casual place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Another good place to take the grandkids. Our daughter and son in law enjoyed the beer sampler. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. We didn't have to worry about the 2 youngest kids' still working on table manners:-) I loved the fish tacos.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Good beer and service, decent food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great beer, reasonably priced (4.50 for a pint). Our server was friendly and personable. The food was decent but nothing special, although the fries were quite good. The setting is definitely brewery-like, with the beer bar taking center stage and a lively atmosphere. Overall, we enjoyed our visit and had some awesome beer!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen, Washington
“Not worth the wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Astoria column and stopped here for lunch, despite reading not so good reviews minutes before we tried it out. The beer was ok. The food was ok, not gross but not good..just edible. The waiter was nice and helpful when he did come too our table, but we were pretty ignored for the most part. Had to go to bar and ask for check to pay. We will try somewhere else next time we are in town.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sparks, Nevada
“This is my Astoria watering hole & num nums to go to place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our first night in Astoria we stayed out too late and couldnt find anything that was open on the main strip. We were told there was some pizza joint that was still open but we couldnt find it. I hailed a cab and asked the nice lady where the pizza joint was. She told me not to go there and we should go to Fort George instead and that they have an awesome ham steak. She told us to get in the cab and she drove us there for free!! ( I gave her everything I had in my wallet because she was so nice even though it only amounted to $3.00 cash).

We were seated right away by a very nice young man in the middle of the pub. We ordered two different burgers and my husband got the sausage sampler as well. We ordered them both to go and later ate them in our hotel room and they were great! The only reason I am giving the food a "Very Good" is because they dont have a huge menu and limited appetizers. They have a great selection of brews. The husband ordered the Vortex and the nice young man suggested the Quick Whitt for me. (I am a Miller Light kinda gal - didnt want anything to heavy) - my beer was perfect, cloudier than miller light with just enough bite but not over powering.

There is outside seating and a little table by the bathroom full of board games for patrons to play.

Fast & friendly service is what's on the menu at this place. We actually went back the next night to pick up some beer to take home & for friends. While there my husband got a sampler of the Truffle Shuffle - a special brew made only for the Gooonies weekend. He didnt like it - it was very dark, like a dark Guiness. Not his taste. But we only paid $51.00 for the sample and two 4 packs of both Quick Witt and Vortex. I will be seeing if we can order more on-line when we drink them all.

Bravo to Fort George - this will be my go to place at least once each time we go up to Astoria.

P.S. - Close enough to walk to our hotel by the Astoria bridge once we had a few to many to drive in the city.

Carrollton, Texas
“Great Beer, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The Fort George Brewery is a great brewery attached to a mediocre restaurant. We ordered 4 different beers and all were very good and flavorful. They were welcome to allowing you to sample the beers before ordering so you knew what you were getting. The food on the other hand was a lot more bland. The burgers were overcooked and pretty dry. I had a pepper burger that oddly lacked much flavor. The kids menu offers a solid array of things kids want. The staff was super helpful and friendly so it pains me to not give them a better review. The location is good and offers both inside and outside dining options.

Visited June 2013