“Mmmmm.... Beeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr!”

Ranked #5 of 106 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: There’s always something new to try from the brewery’s rotating taps, including taster trays, pints, and growlers-to-go. The lively public house offers family-friendly dining with made-from-scratch meals using organic, natural, and local ingredients.An upstairs Woodfired Pizza venue was opened in the Summer of '13 and operates all day on Saturdays and Sundays, from 4:30-10pm on Wednesdays-Fridays and is closed Monday and Tuesday. Beautiful views and woodwork. Tours of the 30 barrel production brewery and beer canning line are available Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm and 4pm. Located on the site of the original 1811 settlement of Astoria, the locals lining the bar can get you up to speed on the city’s past, present, and future.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good beer, good food, good service. What else is needed?!!?
We tasted free samples of 3 different beers and we were not charged. Great prices on beer. We saved a few extra dollars so we even purchased a t-shirt before we left!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stopped for dinner at the Fort George Public House. I had a burger and fries and my wife had the rock fish tacos. I had the best IPA that I've ever had. The pub was fairly full, and we were offered an end of a long table. The server said he might seat somebody else at the other end, which he did. Service was good, food was excellent. By the time we left, there was a line out the door. We would not hesitate to return for another meal.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent Oregon Beers, vegetarian food was ok, My partner loved his meaty dish. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable about their beers.

1  Thank Ksoscar
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After reading the reviews, we decided to try the Fort George pub while in Astoria. It was a great choice! It was a fun, casual atmosphere, with friendly staff and customers. It is a pub - so don't expect a quiet, romantic dinner. You may end up sharing a table with someone else, but that is part of the pub experience. The food was good, I had the rock fish tacos. They were huge - and tasty! Not being a big beer fan (sad, but true), I opted for the wasabi gingerale. It was definitely a different taste sensation - had a little 'kick' to it, but don't be afraid to try it. We were there early on a Sunday evening, and it was busy then. I imagine it is packed at peak dinnertime and later. Will definitely go back next time we are in town - I need to check out the fish and chips!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am not a huge beer fan so maybe that already broke me of giving a good review though we did get the beer sampler (every available beer) and found nothing worth taking a second sip of. On the other hand if you LOVE the flavor of hops, you can't go wrong. Their food is less than par and certainly not worth the prices. Their sausage is about the most interesting thing on the menu and worth trying once but not a thrilling experience. Skip the burgers - they're flavorless.