“Best Fish and Chips”

Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: There’s always something new to try from the brewery’s rotating taps, including taster trays, pints, and growlers-to-go. The lively public house offers family-friendly dining with made-from-scratch meals using organic, natural, and local ingredients.An upstairs Woodfired Pizza venue was opened in the Summer of '13 and operates all day on Saturdays and Sundays, from 4:30-10pm on Wednesdays-Fridays and is closed Monday and Tuesday. Beautiful views and woodwork. Tours of the 30 barrel production brewery and beer canning line are available Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm and 4pm. Located on the site of the original 1811 settlement of Astoria, the locals lining the bar can get you up to speed on the city’s past, present, and future.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our group enjoyed lunch at Fort George pub. The fish and chips (albacore) were the best ever.
Our waiter was friendly and efficient. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We would certainly go there again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Really fun place, service was quick and helpful. The hanger steak was perfect, as we're the fish and chips. Huge portions. The cavatica stout was really good. Definitely recommend you give this place a try.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Be sure to check out the tasting room across the parking lot for smaller batch craft beers. This place is kid friendly and mellow also. The tasting room is open to a brewing area with some seating, full sized shuffle board and other games to keep you entertained.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great beer and much better than typical pub food. Nice patio, dogs welcome on patio. Service was typical of Portland/Oregon--friendly people who get your order right no matter many special requests you make, but don't have much of a sense of urgency.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Wife and I and a friend wondered into this Public House after my wife and I had eyeballed it for several months as it is next to one of fav spots, The Blue Skoarcher. The food was excellent. I particularly enjoyed a heaping plate of Jumbalaya with Basmati loaded with home made Andouille sausage and fresh tasting shrimp for a modest $12. I topped off the spicy food with an Oatmeal beer from their house brewery that I probably would not reorder however it was wet and cold to go with my hot food! My wife had a Pinot Noir and a Falafel sandwich both of which went down very easily. Our friend had a burger and two Vortex IPAs brewed in-house. All in all a very impressive experience with a real good Big City feel yet friendly, attentive service. All of us will be returning to this very satisfying venue. My wife and I were out the door on $30 plus tip.