“Totally recommend!”
Review of Golden Star

Golden Star
Ranked #49 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: http://maps.google.com/places/us/or/astoria/bond-st/599/-golden-star-restaurant?hl=en
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just checked out this place during the weekend I visited Astoria, and I must say - this has to be the best Chinese Restaurant of all! I like how the place is somewhat isolated near a park so it's quiet & lots of parking space available. The owner herself was very inviting and the food was delicious! We ordered Chop Suey but looked totally different that what we normally saw but once you tried it, it was super good! (Don't judge a book by it's cover - is what I learned) Overall, I was super shocked on how cheap it was even without the tax! Totally recommend!

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We had excellent appetizers and then the main course was wonderful! Fresh,tasty and large quantities. You will not walk away hungry and you will have leftovers for several meals.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Highy recommend this restaurant, great Chinese food! Friendly wait person. Well worth the drive from Seattle.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you're a bit husky and need TONs of food, this is the place to go, that is...if you don't care about the taste.

The price is very low, and you get so much food that unless you're a walrus, you won't down it all. When I got my dish...I couldn't believe my eyes, it was a MOUNTAIN of food.

Quality before quantity is my motto when it comes to food, and unfortunately this was more quantity than quality, I left 2/3rds of my food on the dish, not only because it was too much - but it didn't taste very good.

The waitress was offended by that, I tried to explain that I might just not have been that hungry, but she got pretty offended.

Not sure I'm giving this one a 3rd chance...

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Extremely clean! Wonderful people, eager to please! Best bbq pork I have ever eaten, not dry like many have. Shrimp are sooooo good. My wife and I are so pleased this is the only place we have Chinese now. Wait persons are very nice. All food is so fresh.will go back again, many times.