“Quiet adult atmosphere. A beautiful and well run park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Astoria
Lewis & Clark RV Park
Oregon Coast
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,664 helpful votes
“Quiet adult atmosphere. A beautiful and well run park”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, and my husband’s initial contact with Lynda on the phone was a bit “disjointed”. It turned out she was driving and trying to pull off the road without losing signal so was somewhat distracted!

One note – they do not take credit cards. Lynda will reserve your RV site if you have a preference, and they are happy to accept cash or checks.

We booked one of the premium camp sites in Section C. When we pulled in, both Lynda and her husband Richard met us and we ended up sitting and chatting for quite some time in the office before we even got around to parking and unhooking our 5th wheel! They gave us lots of information about local restaurants and things to do, even though we’d visited Astoria a number of times before. Since we’re all “seniors” we joked about going parasailing if the weather cleared up ;-)

The park is spotlessly clean and tidy! It is a great example of hands on ownership, management and maintenance. We stayed for nearly a week and saw Lynda and/or Richard outside every day working on the park.

Our site was lovely with a wonderful view of the golf course. We enjoyed the green open views even though we don’t golf. Spaces are pretty wide with grass and there is plenty of room to maneuver big rigs back and forth. We loved the unique table/bench combination although it was too grey and damp to spend much time outside – this was in mid May so summer hadn’t started yet!

The park’s location is actually in Warrenton, across the bridge from Astoria. It is in an older part of town but it’s perfectly acceptable and safe. Costco is just a couple of miles from the RV park, so that’s really handy. The park is within easy driving distance of all attractions in Astoria, Cape Disappoinment in SW Washington, and is just a half hour from artsy, yuppie Cannon Beach.

We don’t use GPS, but I have learned from reading other reviews that the GPS directions are *not* accurate – so call for better directions to the RV park.

There is a laundry room with two washers and two dryers. You pay Lynda $2 per load, and she gives you the key and shows you how to operate the machines. She does keep the laundry room very clean and tidy, and to some folks, I can understand how the signs there might come across as a bit abrupt.

Yes there are rules here, and yes, they are enforced! This is not a free-for-all public ‘campground’ full of raucous tenters. We never stay in public campgrounds because we do *not* enjoy dogs running loose, kids going through our campsite, radios blaring, dishes clanging and so on. There was none of that here :-)

We were pleased that this is a quiet, adult oriented RV park. Dogs are welcome but you should let them know you have one and keep it leashed.

We enjoy Astoria and wish it had a nice riverfront RV park . . . but it doesn’t. This park is so pleasant, though, you can almost forget you’re not on the water.

If you are looking for a quiet, attractive RV park, this is the place!

They also rent vacation cottages, so if you're traveling without your RV you can still enjoy staying in a peaceful quiet area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank half-Brit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had to Laugh Out Loud when I read the review from “GoldenLover77” who is from Oregon City, Oregon. Obviously, they are not seasoned RVers but after this experience, they will know better for the future and we will love them for their compliance. Yes, mention your pets. Yes, pets are on a leash at all times. Yes, most RVers would like the picnic table to be gone (and if needed, RV Parks are ready to provide you with one). Yes, RVers know the check-in/out time. Yes, we love a Park Host who makes sure that all RVers follow the rules. Yes, we mention a lot of other things when making the reservation. While a grassy setting with an ocean view is great, we happily accept paved, level lots, near city life, too. Lady, we are traveling in a $200K RV+Truck with a dog we love and we want to make sure that she isn’t maimed by anyone’s off-leash dog. I always check Trip Advisor before we go to a RV Park, hotel, or area. I even check Goggle Earth on the location and area – and I still made a reservation at this park after reading GoldenLover77’s review. When I called Linda, she gave me a better road route than what I had planned and was very accommodating. I respect her for running a tight ship. Be nice to the Park Host/Owner at any location and you get gold. Hey, be nice to everyone in your life and life will be nice to you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Rosadelima_NewMexico
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went here for an annual family get-together for camping. My fiancé and I immediately were not impressed with the surrounding area as we drove in. To describe the area as run-down industrial would be putting it nicely. The park itself was nice, but we didn't know which spot was ours, as she had told us two different spots during two different calls. It took me twenty minutes to find anyone, and when I asked which spot was ours, the owner lady said she would check and come back. She apparently got side-tracked and I had to go find her ten minutes later. When I asked if any of the bigger spots were available closer to the pet area since we had two dogs, her response was "I didn't know you were bringing dogs?!" And my response was that I didn't realize we had to declare that. She told me all spots close to the pet area (C spots, I believe) were booked for the entire weekend. When asked if we could fit into one of the bigger "A" spots to have more room, she replied that it wouldn't work since the hookups were on the wrong side. We have a 5th wheel, and I had already looked at the spots and told her that it would work fine. She gave in and that was that. No check in paperwork, no tour, no site map. Nothing...
We ended up in an "A" spot backed up against the golf course which was a beautiful view. My brother and his family ended up in a tiny "B" spot with a miniscule strip of grass between the trailers.
It was difficult to enjoy the trip and relax outside, as the lady half of the owners was constantly driving around in her golf cart staring at everyone. She even decided to come and sweep gravel off of the asphalt by our site while we were having my niece's and brother in law's bday dinner. Can you say odd?? I will say that it was nice of the owners to bring us a picnic table when requested so that we could have dinner outside as a family. But shouldn't picnic tables be somewhat standard at a camping site? That was about the only normal interaction I had with her.
The next day as we were packing up to leave, I let the dogs out of the camper for a quick potty, then loaded them directly into the truck. I admit, I should have leashed them, but they are super well behaved and we were in a rush. No sooner had I shut the truck door then here comes the ominous golf cart. This woman proceeded to UNLOAD on me in front of my mother about my dogs being on marked NO PET areas (right next to the sites, btw) and how she had seen my fiancé "yanking" on our dogs earlier when leaving the pet place. And that we were checking out after the appropriate check out time. I told her we were leaving now and to take care.
Not wanting to leave on a bad note, I tracked her down right as we were ready to leave and asked to talk to her. She immediately started pointing in my face and basically yelling at me when I said that we didn't know what time check out was, or we would have left by then (remember, no paperwork?). I asked her to lower her finger as well as her tone so we could have a mature discussion and she continued to berate me about my fiancé's treatment of our dogs that morning. I will note here that my fiancé and I are both extreme animal lovers who treat our pets like our kids. I work with animals for a living, in fact, and was drawn to my now-fiancé in part because of his gentle nature towards animals. I told her that was impossible and that she needed to calm down. She refused so I let her have it about the poor customer service and controlling issues we felt we had experienced during our visit. Her husband had come up by this point and was listening. When I asked why we had been refused a spot closer to the pet area because the "park was completely booked for the weekend" and gestured to all of the empty spots, she simply said "I have no idea what you are talking about."
All in all, it was the worst RV park I have ever been to. The rudest hosts, the least amenities, and some obvious discrimination against younger folks wanting to stay in the "prime areas". And we are in our 30's, own our own business and are very laid back. Not exactly hooligan types. But, apparently it wasn't a problem for her when there was a screaming match in on of the trailers across from us that went on until 11:30 with the couple cussing and throwing things at each other. Again I say odd....
I fumed the whole way home about her treatment of me and her obvious lack of respect for anyone she deems beneath her. My advice: Look elsewhere. They don't deserve anyone's money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Goldenlover77
Titusville
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,319 helpful votes
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed for four days in this neat, well planned park in our Class A, so we did not need any facilities. The two managers were very helpful with what to see, where to eat and what park to stay in next on our journey. They even warned us not to believe the GPS directions that try to lead you off Rt 101 if you are coming north. Yes, the lady is a pistol, but I had a great time chatting with her and her husband. It is very close to the Lewis and Clark Fort and Ft Stevens. as well as Astoria village. We had a great time and enjoyed our stay and found her to be pleasant to everyone I saw her encounter. She runs a tight ship...thankfully. Note: Eagles fly over the campground twice a day; early after sunrise and between 5-7 in the pm. You can see the L & C Column on the distant hill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank James H
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had the absolute opposite experience of the 2 other reviews. The owner provided us with all pamphlets for local activities and gave advice for parking and timing. We loved our site facing the golf course which was groomed and green. We thought our camping experience and stay in Astoria was delightful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Ricki M
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed for over a week in our trailer in a "premium" site. The country is pretty and with the park less than half full, it was quiet. There are no restrooms or showers or other facilities, and the lady who owns the place (or the lady half of a couple, don't know) was unpleasant and patrolled the grounds in her golf cart waiting to pounce on rule violations. We were uncomfortable to the point of staying inside, or leaving the property, rather than staying outside the trailer.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank TrailerTim
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here last year. Owner is an odd old lady who lacks hospitality or class. She has very poor manners and is too involved in her guests' socioeconomic status yet runs a less than ordinary site. No picnic tables, showers, restrooms, laundromat, or trails. Her 'golf club' consists of soggy poorly drained fields and worn putt-putt greens. The site is in industrial end of town with loud trucks passing by regularly and residential homes in disrepair adjacent to her 'exclusive' lot C. I wouldn't stay here again if my RV broke down outside the gates. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Burt J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Astoria
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
Astoria Crest Motel
Astoria Crest Motel
#6 of 14 in Astoria
Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton

Been to Lewis & Clark RV Park? Share your experiences!