“Twice in one day....”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Great burgers in Astoria. Great Service. 503-325-4927
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We didn't plan to do this, but we tried Geno's for a late lunch and ended up there again late that night when we discovered most of Astoria closes up at 9 on weekdays during the off season. We ordered their pizza for lunch - we were given a choice of thick, medium, and thin crust for starters and discovered that they toss their own and build them to order. THAT was impressive for a local dive. The pizzas were very tasty -- lots of topping, not drowning in sauce. That night we arrived at 9:55 and were the only customers there - the place closes at l0. But the wait person was very hospitable, told us not to worry, that they work until at least ll just cleaning up and it would be no problem. I ordered a grilled ham and cheese sandwich -- my husband got a hamburger. Both were tasty -- I especially appreciated that my sandwich contained real ham - not those paper thin slices you usually get. Our perception is that Geno's basically serves the locals. It has lots of ice cream specials as well as pizza n burgers. It's location, away from downtown, and its local sports memorabilia (Knappa High School) is certainly reminiscent of an "after school and after game" hangout though most of the patrons we shared the place with during our venture there for lunch were older folks enjoying sodas and sundaes.

2  Thank Vancouverval

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Geno's has something for everyone. Excellent pizza, hot Hero Sandwiches, fantastic huge burgers, salad bar, and it's done well. The place is clean and comfortable and the service is excellent. Prices are a bargain. Take the whole family to this place and you wont be sorry.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

On our way home, to Yakima from the southern Oregon coast, we stopped at Geno's because they were the only restaurant open at the time. Geno's blew our minds. The service came with a giant smile, a freindly voice, and clean looking hands. The walls were covered with local articles about home town teams. Football here, basketball players there, with the occasional volleyball or soccer thrown in. Before I got my water, I already felt at home. My gf elaine had Geno's fantastic pizza, meanwhile, I had a standard cheeseburger, or so I thought. The service was prompt to bring me a "pretty" burger. Everyone knows, fast means sloppy... usually. Covered with crisp lettuce, fresh onion, and a red tomato, this burger was perfectly cooked, super tasty, and large. So NOM!!! We have discussed going back to Astoria again, just for the food at Geno's.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

We ordered a half Hawaiian and half a special Combo on the standard thin crust. The service was prompt and very friendly. Our pizza arrived steaming hot and after we let it cool a bit, we dug in. This was one of the best pizzas we have ever had! It was piled high with fresh ingredients and it was not the least bit greasy. We will be sure to return to Geno's the next time we are in this area.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I am still at a crossroads, I cant determine which I like more, Geno's has good pizza and is average everywhere else, Would I eat here again of course but Im not sure if its because of the proximity to home or because of the food.