“lovely room, quiet, comfortable, spotless clean, nice furnishings, wood ceilings”
Review of Atomic Motel

Atomic Motel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed May 16, 2010

loved this place, very warm and inviting, good value, nice rooms, very clean and cozy, could have stayed here for a week and felt completely at home. Make sure you try urban cafe downtown.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flyingtetas

Reviewed February 10, 2010

Our first impression of this motel was a lovely, very appealing ambiance of light. True to its name, every lamp was lit and glowing on that cool rainy evening, and we were glad to find a warm and gracious welcome for tired travelers! I learned the next day that Debbie and Jim, who have a good deal of experience in management and ownership of motels and R.V. Parks and such (did they say 30 years?), had only just taken over the management of the Lamplighter Motel a few days prior to our visit, and were so pleased to be there in Astoria! They were eagerly making their new home just as they wished it to be, with cleaning and fresh paint, as well as making whatever repairs they found necessary. My daughter and I found them and their staff to be very considerate and helpful, even though they were busy as beavers at the time! Our room, which had a marvelous view of the Bridge, was clean, quiet, and very comfortable, with all the conveniences I could wish for.
We, (with my husband this time), will be visiting in Astoria again this spring, and will certainly plan and expect to stay at the Lamplighter. Oh yes, and we'll be back yet again in June, so hope we don't wear out our welcome. With 'tourist' time soon to be upon us, I wanted to put my two-cents-worth in for anyone who might be heading Astoria-way. Oh yes, and I thot the pricing was quite reasonable. The Lamplighter is very handily located on a slight curve on West Marine Drive, not far to the east of the Bridge, with a good view of river activity to the west, and a Pancake House next door. ;) This motel seems to have been well cared for, and is now getting even more T.L.C. I especially appreciated the lending library in the lobby - or should I say, exchange library... Happy trails, & God bless every reader.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MistyWoo
Reviewed November 12, 2009

It was $10 more than the least expensive hotels,but,it was well worth it.

Cons:
nothing really

Pros:
it's next door to a restaurant so you don't have to go far for something to eat
the room was very clean and comfortable
I loved the soup in the evening at the lobby
and the front desk lady Michelle was very friendly,I could talk to her for hours on end
and everyone on staff was friendly as well and always smiling
plenty of parking
and all rooms are non smoking

But all in all,when I return to Astoria,I would definitely come back and stay here again,and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arwen_Windwalker
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I found this motel to be a tremendous value right in the heart of Astoria. The nightly soups were superb (and free!) and the staff friendly and helpful. My room was clean and provided everything I needed. I would definitely recommend this motel for the value-minded traveler.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank tashkenterik
Reviewed November 2, 2009

The hotel was A good place to stay if your looking for a clean,quiet reasoable and hospitable place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank SaraAnn1985
Reviewed October 31, 2009

we arrived late in the evening and it was blowing and raining. it was a comfort to see the lamps in the windows lit up. it was very welcoming. the rooms were comfortable and the hospitality was very nice. we would stop there again when passing thru.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelerOr
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Dirty...dirty...dirty...The room itself was average, but the bathroom was disgusting. The bathtub was filthy with a long brown hair...obviously hadn't been cleaned for a long time. The bathroom floor was horrible and the window sill....yuk! It was supposed to be non-smoking but everything stank of smoke. The WiFi worked on and off...never very well.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple