“Grab your fish and chips and go sit and watch the ships go by!”

Bowpicker Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Vancouver, Washington
“Grab your fish and chips and go sit and watch the ships go by!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

On our spur of the moment weekend trip to Astoria we decided to follow Trip Advisor for all our meals, hotel, etc. The Bowpicker was at the top of the list so we headed over there one evening, luckily just before they closed at 6:00. We had to wait about 15 minutes. We ordered one large order for 2 people and yes it was enough but next time I'll be ordering my own 3 piece!

We took or order to our car, went straight down to the water and watched the action. There seems to always be something interesting if you like ships, etc.

Worth the stop to us!

• Visited June 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Excellent fish & chips”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This spot was recommended on Trip advisor, and also by the locals we talked to. Had to stand in a long line to climb up the side of the boat to the order window... they were serving ahi tuna fish & chips and it was really good... limited seating on a few picnic tables nearby, and many people either took their food to go or ate in their vehicles. My wife and I split a large order, which was 5 pieces of fish and fries. It was plenty for the two of us. Then we walked right across the street to the Maritime Museum, which was well worth it and very interesting... all in all a great day.

Portland, Oregon
“Good tuna fish & chips”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was good & I'm glad I tried it. However, from all the positive reviews, I thought it was going to melt in my mouth & be stellar off the charts, but to be honest, I've had better. Maybe I'm just a bigger fan of halibut fish & chips. I was glad to know ahead of time from people's posts here that it was made with tuna as I didn't readily see it posted anywhere at the restaurant. Otherwise, I might have thought it was sorta off tasting/looking. But overall, it was decent.

• Visited June 2014
Woodstock, Georgia
“What more can you say.”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The previous reviews pretty much said it all. However we decided the 3 piece lunch would have been plenty. It was raining on the day we went but it was still a lot of fun. The staff, all three of them, were great. This place is laced back.

1 Thank Dennis A
Olympia, Washington
“Great Fish and Chips”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The restaurant is actually part of a boat parked on dry land, and the line waiting for fish and chips is indicative of the quality of the product. Albacore tuna makes for a firm and tasty piece of fish. Although the sun was shining, it was cool and windy and the kitchen occupies the entire boat, so be prepared to find someplace to chow down. There isn't much in the way of seating .

1 Thank OlyCat