“Excellent food, long lines”

Bowpicker Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout
provo
“Excellent food, long lines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food was excellent. The only reason I didn't give it an excellent rating was the fact that we had to wait in line with kids for over 40 minutes. Maybe we picked a bad time, because a few hours later there wasn't a line at all. Overall, I would go again. I would just pick a different time of day.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Jennie E

Washougal, Washington
“Best Albacore Fish and chips anywhere!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not your suit and tie restaurant, actually it's a real laid back place. Well worth the 2+ hour drive one way!!! The food, fresh, and hot, and the price is right too. Can't get any better than that. The only downside is there is minimal seating areas, so you might have to eat in your car. Can't wait for them to open for the season, gonna get the gas tank full, and head out!!!

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank mamahart7
Portland, Oregon
“The Place for Fish & Chips on the Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

A must for anyone visiting Astoria. It's such a cute idea: fish and chips made right in the boat. They taste delicious as well. Expect to wait, but it's worth it.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Catherine G
Nampa, Idaho
“Amazing Food! Worth the wait to stand in line :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I went here because of all of the reviews on Trip Advisor :) We were blown away by how good it is :) We will return again and again when we vacation on the oregon coast :) There was a long line due but the people in line were fun to talk to so it went fast. :) It was worth the wait :)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank cmb0607
Washougal, Washington
“Good, fresh tuna fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I got into Astoria on a Saturday, just in time to try the fish and chips at the Bowpicker! I had read a lot of reviews and so I was glad they were still open.
The fish was very good, especially since it was so fresh, but I guess we're not true fish and chips fans since it didn't really blow us away. And the chips were merely average.
If you love fish and chips, these are definitely worth a try - the batter is nice and light, and the fish tastes great - but I doubt we'll go back.

Visited February 2013