“Wanted to update my last review of The Logger...”

The Logger Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Diner
Description: Local small town business, soon to be 50 years old in August. We cater to many people including locals, tourists and summer travelers. We smoke our prime rib, pork, corned beef for our sandwiches. Our logger burger is hand made from certified angus beef daily. We have a lounge offering complete lottery, awesome drinks and friendly home town atmosphere.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I seriously needed a night out October 3rd so when my husband got home from work I was dressed and waiting. We went to The Logger since it is closer to us than driving all the way back to town. We decided to splurge on the Fisherman's Platter (18.00) and omg was it worth every penny! Halibut, oysters, shrimp, scallops, the tenderest tastiest clam strips I have ever had....all deep fried, but sooo good. Yummy sauces to dip everything in...just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I can't imagine eating the whole platter myself, we split it and there was almost too much food. It would be a great appetizer plate for 4 or 5 people, though there would be a fight over each morsel.

Next time I am there I am going to have the clam strip basket...can't wait.

1  Thank dragonflymoon123

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Logger is located in the small town of Knappa, East of Astoria on Hwy 30. They offer a full menu and also have a small bar. The food is good but if you are looking for gourmet food you may want to skip it, this is more home-style cooking. Their Chicken-Fried Steak is really good with white gravy and mashed potatoes. Their burgers are also very good. If you have a HUGE appetite you can order the Logger Burger which is the size of a dinner plate! The atmosphere is family friendly with booths and they also have a long counter with stools. The waitress was really nice and she gave us great service. I would recommend the Logger as an established restaurant with good food.

1  Thank RoadtripRosie
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the Hood to Coast relay event to have a burger before staying up all night and we were not disappointed. My burger was hot, juicy and very tasty. The fries were fresh cut and good as well. It's hard to get a burger that hasn't been sitting on the window getting cold. It was busy and we did wait a little, but it was definitely worth the wait. If I lived closer, I would visit often. For those who think its too expensive, McDonalds has a dollar menu...

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food here has been consistently good over the years with a few hicups now and again. With a change in management has come wonderful fresh tasty salads selections, and the wine is afforable again. Service can be a little slow sometimes as they do a huge local take-out business but the food is worth the wait. They have the best broasted chicken on the coast and the hugest flavorful burgers.

The Swiss Dip is wonderful although once the bread was too big which made it hard to eat.

My one complaint would be charging extra for a side of Ranch to dip my fries into.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ok, I have to admit first of all that I am a local, and live pretty close by to the Logger restaurant. It is my go-to place for breakfast. I love the french toast and coffee and the waitresses are amazing. Everybody who works here is friendly and welcoming. My children also love breakfast here as well and you will not get a better deal on the coast for breakfast. Very reasonable prices and delicious home cooked breakfast. The Broasted Chicken is fabulous, it's like fried chicken only better, they've somehow mastered the art, and the inside is juicy and the outside is crispy, just like it should be. I'd skip the dinner menu because the salad and sides aren't that great. That's what I would change if I were the owner of this restaurant. But overall, it's a good place to go! Maybe I'll see you sometime, especially at breakfast time!