“Best burger in a while...”

The Logger Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Local small town business, soon to be 50 years old in August. We cater to many people including locals, tourists and summer travelers. We smoke our prime rib, pork, corned beef for our sandwiches. Our logger burger is hand made from certified angus beef daily. We have a lounge offering complete lottery, awesome drinks and friendly home town atmosphere.
Woodland, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger in a while...”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the Hood to Coast relay event to have a burger before staying up all night and we were not disappointed. My burger was hot, juicy and very tasty. The fries were fresh cut and good as well. It's hard to get a burger that hasn't been sitting on the window getting cold. It was busy and we did wait a little, but it was definitely worth the wait. If I lived closer, I would visit often. For those who think its too expensive, McDonalds has a dollar menu...

• Visited August 2013

Astoria, Oregon
“Great salads, friendly bar and bartenders!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food here has been consistently good over the years with a few hicups now and again. With a change in management has come wonderful fresh tasty salads selections, and the wine is afforable again. Service can be a little slow sometimes as they do a huge local take-out business but the food is worth the wait. They have the best broasted chicken on the coast and the hugest flavorful burgers.

The Swiss Dip is wonderful although once the bread was too big which made it hard to eat.

My one complaint would be charging extra for a side of Ranch to dip my fries into.

• Visited July 2013
Astoria, Oregon, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect place for breakfast!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ok, I have to admit first of all that I am a local, and live pretty close by to the Logger restaurant. It is my go-to place for breakfast. I love the french toast and coffee and the waitresses are amazing. Everybody who works here is friendly and welcoming. My children also love breakfast here as well and you will not get a better deal on the coast for breakfast. Very reasonable prices and delicious home cooked breakfast. The Broasted Chicken is fabulous, it's like fried chicken only better, they've somehow mastered the art, and the inside is juicy and the outside is crispy, just like it should be. I'd skip the dinner menu because the salad and sides aren't that great. That's what I would change if I were the owner of this restaurant. But overall, it's a good place to go! Maybe I'll see you sometime, especially at breakfast time!

• Visited June 2013
Banks, Oregon
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

When traveling the lower Columbie River East of Astoria you want to stop here for good food. The hambourgers are great and if you go to the bar, you rub elbows with real loggers.

Visited March 2013
Palatka, FL
“Share-able Portions”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were on our last day of 13 days touring the state of Washington. We were looking for a "local" restaurant that wouldn't take advantage of tourists (we had had our fill of high prices/small servings)! This place was perfect. They were BUSY but we were seated quickly and given ice water with lots of ice (a rarity for Washington state). Our waitress was helpful with the menu options and specials. My husband and his friend chose the prime rib and I ordered the broasted chicken. It took longer than expected to get our meals but our waitress kept us updated on the status and kept our drinks filled. All the food was wonderful and the servings large. We really enjoyed everything about the meal.

• Visited August 2012