Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

1,602 results
All reviews coast guard maritime museum columbia river d movie lighthouse boat bar pilots light ship columbia bar fishing industry two hours great displays interactive displays all ages couple of hours salmon fishing on display light house
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The museum's emphasis is on the Columbia River and it's exit into the Pacific Ocean. Very interesting descriptions of the duties of the "Pilots" who guide ships into the Columbia River channel and the Coast Guard's duties rescuing those who fail to safely make it across the "bars" at the mouth of the river.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This museum is very well done, and is extremely informative. There is so much history of the area including the Columbia River/Pacific bar--among the most dangerous in the world. Information on the demanding Coast Guard school was very interesting. My husband and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a very nice, well laid out museum with static and video displays. I was very impressed. I was impressed by the variety of of displays and topics. Very interesting and enjoyable. I'll visit again some time and spend a little more time.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nice museum with lots of information. Interesting displays with nice variety. Check out the boat out back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Don't go when you are rushed. Spend time here. I went in without doing a lot of research like I often do before visiting something. I learned so much about the area in which the Pacific meets the Columbia River and why it is so extremely hazardous, why there has been such loss of ships and life, and all about the specially trained "bar pilots." I like that they give credit to the Native Americans as being the first and best navigators of the mouth of the Columbia. I really loved learning about this, as I knew very little of "things maritime." Enjoy!