“A must see in Oregon” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Oregon Coast Day Trip from Portland: Astoria and Cannon Beach
Ranked #1 of 44 things to do in Astoria
More attraction details
Owner description: A museum celebrating the history of ship travel on the Columbia River.
Lake Stevens, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A must see in Oregon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped here on our way back to Washington. So glad we did. I love history and this is a part of Northwest history that I was not familiar with. The exhibits were very interesting and informative. I especially liked the self-guided tour of The Lightship Columbia. Astoria is beautiful and this museum was a lovely surprise.

Salem, Oregon, United States
“Horrible staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have a service dog & went to get in with my family when after I paid they hunted me down, caused a scene & told me I had to leave. My dog wasn't welcome. I'll never go back or recommend it to anyone who asks.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth while and educational”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very informative of their local history. We learned a great deal about the shipping, canning, and fishing industry as well as many informative things about the area.

Dayton, Ohio
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Kids enjoyed the museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our kids, 5 and 8, really enjoyed exploring the Columbia Lightship boat behind the museum. They also enjoyed pretend-play on the U.S.S Knapp inside the museum. I was fascinated by the room explaining why there have been so many shipwrecks at the mouth of the Columbia River.

University Place, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Maritime museum to beat all museums”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

LOVE, LOVE the exhibits. I rate the Coast Guard exhibit as the best I have seen and enjoy going to the rescue boat exhibit each and every time I go to the museum - I never get tired of it! There is always something new to see and learn about.