“Perfect place for a long stay!”

Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #47 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Perfect place for a long stay!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent 17 days at this hotel while my home was being remodeled. The room was very clean with new countertops in the kitchenette and bathroom and new sinks and plumbing fixtures. There was a very functional desk/table, which made working from the room easy and was roomy enough for two people to eat. The bed was a Sealy Posturepedic with a thick mattress pad, which was very comfortable. They also allowed us to have our two cats in the room for a small additional charge. And the price for a visit greater than 7 days was VERY reasonable. Free washing machines and dryers and a free USA Today topped off our experience at this "home away from home". The staff was friendly and helpful too. A great experience and highly recommended!

Room Tip: Our room was near the front desk, where there was tile. But a room farther away in the carpeted hal...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LCMitchell, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We hope that you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you with us! Please accept our sincere thanks for your kind words and review of your personal experience. We hope, with our guest's help, to spread the word about our newly renovated property and the great team we have that service and maintain everything for our guests. Come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The front desk is fabulous. Mr. Craig Taylor was working when we showed up - he is very good. Wish there were more like him and hotels everywhere! The free laundry service is a big plus.

Recommend for the price - excellent hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and I have informed Craig about your compliment! We all thank your for taking the time to submit some comments, your feedback is important to us. Thank you.
California
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Why can't everything in life run as smoothly or be as pleasant as my stay at the Candlewood Suites on Belfort? My stay was more than two weeks in duration, and there was not a single negative moment to report. The recent remodel provides guests with safe, clean, comfortable, quiet suites; your choice of one bedroom or studio. My studio had a full-sized refrigerator and freezer, dishwasher, over-the-range microwave, and stove top (2 burners), as well as assorted kitchen necessities (plates, silverware, etc.). The bathroom was clean and spacious. The queen-sized bed and pillows provided were very comfortable. The location is great; convenient to just about anywhere one needs to go. Don't have time to run to the store? No problem! Visit the "Candlewood Cupboard" to pick up necessities or just a snack. They also offer free washer and dryer usage, free wi-fi, free parking, and reasonable pet fees (my cat was with me).

And let me not forget to mention the outstanding service; consummate professionals - special thanks to Craig at the front desk and Veronica in housekeeping. For the short time that I stayed while in the process of relocating from Jacksonville to out-of-state, everyone made me feel very welcome. As a female who was staying alone, my husband (already relocated for work) was concerned about me finding somewhere safe to stay. I read reviews for just about every purchase I make, but this is the first I've ever written. I was compelled, because, for the life of me, I do not understand how it is that other hotels, such as the Red Roof Inn (Lenoire) and the Extended Stay locations received higher rankings on Trip Advisor. Given that I was local to Jacksonville, I was able to visit several area hotels to view the rooms before booking somewhere; there was no comparison to what I'd found at the Candlewood Suites on Belfort. Although it's not likely that I will be back in Jax, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Highly recommend them! - Melanie from Jacksonville

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We don't always get it right, but we certainly try our best! We love to make our guests say, wow! You are important to us, your comments and your loyalty to our brand. Please accept our sincere appreciation for your review of our property and your personal experience while staying at the Candlewood Suites Jacksonville. We know how busy it can be to stop and take the time to write a detailed review...we work hard to have each and every guest satisfied and return on their visits to our area. Thank you very much!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2013

As I travel much, this Candlewood Suites is a perfect stay for anyone needing overnight or a lengthy stay. Great staff, exceptionally clean rooms, well thought out for the traveler, these have every amenitiy you could want, flatscreen tv, comfortable bed, bathroom necessities plus extras, microwave,toaster,fridge, there isnt anything they havent thought of. Free wifi is adequate for business,skype or even youtube video. Located in a great area it's minutes from the beach or the popular Towne Center and anywhere else you can think of. You wont go wrong in price and value by staying here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Doug H
We believe we have a lot to offer and a great value being one of them! Thank you for your comments and descriptions of our amenities. We hope that readers of your comments will be encouraged to stay at a Candlewood Suites, and certainly stay with us if their travels take them to Jacksonville, FL! We love creating a great hotel that guests love, and are so satisfied when we learn of the great job we're doing by reading the feedback from our former guests. We hope you visit us again in the near future. Thank you.
Iron Mountain, MI
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

The bed was hard. The pillows lumpy. I slept good but hubby did not. Nice to have a kitchen. Bathroom was clean and newly redone with a great shower. The workout room was decent. The free laundry was the reason we chose this place. The coffee in the pantry area was very good for hotel coffee. Free popcorn in the room. Room was kind of small but for one night it was sufficient. For a longer stay I'd suggest the one bedroom suite. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank CAROL H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear hammonds,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. IT is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the bathroom. I am sorry that you encountered some issues with the bed. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare
boston
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Totally outstanding value compared to most Motels. Brand new rooms after 2 million $ makeover, Lending Library , Free washer and Dryer, small work out gym. Plus Free internet and all the coffee you drink 24/7. Top this of with a dedicated , friendly staff and this spells Bargain.

Room Tip: All suites are the same, However being a member of Priority Club gets you free candy.Plus a better l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Stephen K
fletcher
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I highly recommend this property for anyone traveling south from up north. You left the snow and cold and spent the first night at some down and out off the interstate, which didn't really give you much rest. Then your second night you make it to Fl but still have 5-7 hours to go and your tired. This hotel is for you. You are greeted in the lobby by some of the nicest guest service folks I have ever encountered, The location is so very quiet, in a business park less than a mile from the interstate. I left my window open because there is no "road noise. The rooms are wonderful with a kitchen, large work station, really fast internet, and a fully appointed workout room. They have full size fridge's, and a FREE laundry so you can clean your clothes after coming back from the beach. I was pleased to see they have a video library that you can check out DVD's to play on the DVD player in the room which is great for the kids, and I was amazed to see that they have to BBQ grills out back so if you want to grill some burgers or cook up some fresh seafood you can. Oh and you can drive 15 mins over toward the beach where the shrimp boats come in so you can actually get some fresh and cheap seafood you can grill yourself. This really is more like a little bit of home and rest, than the regular hustle bustle of a big noisy hotel. I spent 2 days here just to relax and boy did I ever enjoy it. The roads and access to all the areas of Jax are great and you are far enough south of town that even during rush hour, it isn't too bad getting around. Only 1 mile to a major mall too. One of my few happy surprises I have come across on my travels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank steve p
We certainly hope that you'll be back to cook on the grills again! We are so pleased that your time with us was enjoyable and relaxing. Your commentary was so encouraging to read and this GM could not be more proud of the professionalism and sincere dedication of the Candlewood Suites Jacksonville team! Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and provide feedback on your experience. Visit again soon!