I stayed at this hotel for one night, even though it is more of a "long stay" hotel. The layout of the rooms seems to be the same regardless of the location. My opinion of this chain has improved significantly having stayed at a few of them. It's not that this location is so much different, it's that my expectations have changed to match their concept. This is important.
You will not find five star room service or amenities here. It's a curious anomaly that the less expensive the hotel, the more amenities you seem to get for free. For example, this hotel has included Wifi and ethernet; free local telephone calls; free receipt of faxes; free parking. There is a BBQ to use. It is located in a nice part of Jacksonville. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and it has a dishwasher, a stovetop, a microwave and a fridge.
There is a room on the main floor that sells foodstuffs on the honour system. Pop (soda for you Americans!) is fifty cents. No one sells pop for fifty cents anymore! Free coffee. A workout center. Free washer and drier.
The negatives? The hallways in almost every Candlewood I have stayed in bear the telltale scents of cooking, much as an apartment building might. It doesn't seem to invade the room however, and is the price for having cooking facilities! My room was generally quiet - a family of heffalumps was upstairs from me but they finally quietened down. There is a grocery store about 2-3 miles away. This hotel has some great bike lanes near the hotel.
The staff - Steve at check-in Angle at check-out were courteous and friendly. I had no problems, so I can't assess how they were at problem-resolution.
I have stayed at the other Candlewood Suites on the Jacksonville Beach side of the city - the one at Merill Road - although that other location is spitting distance from a grocery store, this one has a much prettier location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Jacksonville knows what you need. Business, families and extended stay travelers play by different rules and need a hotel that understands your unique needs. Candlewood Suites is designed from the group up just for you. We are just minutes from Downtown Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beaches and St. Augustine. The Candlewood Suites gives you the amenities that make you feel at home. Fully equipped suites, room to spread out, space to work and space to relax. Plus there s great shopping, dining and exciting entertainment at St. John s Town Center, Jacksonville Landing and 5 points which are just a short drive away. When its time to get connected away from home we know what you need, high speed Internet, cable, sports, movie channel and DVD player. When you need to burn some energy the fully equipped fitness center will help melt the stress away. When visiting Jacksonville, Florida we know what you need. The Candlewood Suites Jacksonville is your best stay, for a week, a month or even a year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Candlewood Suites Jacksonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Jacksonville Hotel Jacksonville
- Candlewood Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Candlewood Suites