“Lowest percentile of Courtyards - not that impressed”

Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #58 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
San Diego, California
“Lowest percentile of Courtyards - not that impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

My review of this Jacksonville Butler Blvd. Courtyard may be tainted by the fact that I stayed at one of the best Courtyards in the country a month ago (San Diego Liberty Station). The differences are night and day and this place was a Motel 6 compared to that one.

Received a good price on priceline ($40 a night) which earned me a room right next to the elevator. Lobby was recently remodeled and looked fantastic, unfortunately that is where the remodeling stopped. The rooms were bare bones but they did have a flat screen tv and the bed was fairly comfortable.

I didn't received housekeeping and instead found a bag of towels and shampoos hanging on my door the next day at 11am.... is it because I booked on priceline or is this standard practice? Luckily I didn't really care and it was fine with me that no one came in the room.

The A/C in the room was so loud that I could barely hear the tv or hear someone talk... the furniture is a bit outdated and the chair squeaked. Free high speed internet was appreciated as well as free parking.

Good location if you need to be near things in Jacksonville...would stay here again but overall was left very unimpressed. Please remodel the rooms!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nicholls, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

This hotel was probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I booked through priceline. My wife and I went to Jacksonville to shop and found that the Courtyard is very close to major shopping areas. ST. Johns Town Center, Walmart, the AVenues mall, and other shopping areas are all within a 8 minute drive. Very accessible. The staff was great and very helpful. The room included a king size bed, couch, flat screen tv, and rooms were very clean. The Cracker Barrell is located next door. This was a great experience. Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Herlocker
Wakefield, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

This CY is directly off the interstate in a hotel-devoted circular section that is home to at least a dozen hotel chains, so there is little to look at except other hotels. If you're a business traveler, this is your spot. You have a Cracker Barrel directly next store, also an Applebees and Waffle House you can walk to. This CY is modernized with the new bistro concept and jazzy check-in area. My 1st floor room (upgraded to suite) was clean and comfortable- however the shower never made it to hot, only lukewarm. Great value on weekends, I landed a $59 rate. If you're adventurous, try Clark's Fish Camp for dinner, about a 15 minute drive to this rustic spot on the St John's river (serving everything from shrimp/oysters/clams to kangaroo/rattlesnake/llama). Hotel staff was above average, friendly/helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank edtoby007
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Due to a long term work assignment in the Jacksonville area I had the opportunity to stay at the Courtyard Butler Blvd in Jacksonville for several weeks, three nights each week. I selected this part of Jacksonville because of its proximity to I-95, restaurants, shopping locations (it seems that about once a month I realize I've forgotten something and need to make a trip to the store), and easy access to the downtown area. The hotel is close to several pretty good golf courses in the Jacksonville / St. Augustine area, too, as well as having reasonable access to the beaches.

I've had an opportunity to experience the hotel on slow nights and nights booked to capacity. I've found the front desk staff to be courteous and responsive to my needs, no matter how many guests are staying at any particular time. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, and appear to have been updated/renovated to the current Courtyard standard in the last year or so. My only room malfunction was a burned out light in the bathroom which was remedied in a matter of minutes by the staff.

This Courtyard has the "bistro" that Marriot is putting into these properties and it's been a real time saver for me. The bistro offers a variety of food choices, most are pretty good, and the service here has been great. The courteous and friendly staff makes you feel welcome and appreciated. The transformation of the bistro into a pub in the evening allowed me to enjoy a glass of wine or beer in the evenings (mixed drinks are also available) without having to drink out of the "market" at the check-in counter - although that option is available too.

The housekeeping staff kept my room in top-notch condition each day - never a thing out of place when I returned. I also witnessed first hand that they do remove all used drinking glasses and clean them using the dishwasher in the bistro area. I've often wondered if glassware was simply rinsed and returned by housekeepers at other hotels, but that's not the case here.

Overall, a very good option when traveling to Jacksonville.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank prandlesc
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed her before a surgery at the Mayo Clinic. Rooms were clean, staff friendly. The restaurant is OK, nothing special but convenient. I liked this staying here better than the Residence at Mayo, unless you are staying long term.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank foolforahorse
Brunswick, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

I have stayed at this location several times while in Jacksonville for business. It was conveinant and worked out for me. I would rate this site as average amongst other hotels. Nothing special, and thank goodness not an experience hat a couple others have had! Stay at your own risk is that best way to put it. My stay was acceptible, but I guess yours may not be...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Hampstead, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

Checked in on a Wednesday afternoon, worked out, showered and then headed to dinner. After getting back to my room and getting ready for bed, pulled down the comforter to find blood stains on the bedsheet. I'm not a particularly needy traveler,
but this is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in a national chain. When combined with the smell of the hotel (I'd bet someone was cooking curried goat on a hot plate in their room), this is by far the worst experience I've ever had with Courtyard, or any other Marriott or national hotel property.

I'll give the staff credit for being responsive. 3 people, including the GM, showed up to "fix" it, but I don't think I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business