“Barebones Courtyard Experience”

Ranked #58 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Forest, Virginia
“Barebones Courtyard Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at three different Courtyards in the same week in the Jax/St Aug area and of the three this was definitely lacking. The staff was friendly but the hotel definitely has some age on it. I was really shocked that they didn't even offer complimentary coffee in the lobby. I know you can get Starbucks at the bistro but but not being a huge fan of extra strong $3.50/cup coffee, I prefer the Courtyard coffee. I thought to myself that I would just go back to my room and make a cup only to find that I had one packet of decaf and no condiments. The room also has no microwave or fridge. I guess this CY is determined to make their Bistro succeed. The bed was also not up to Marriott standards and the workout room was fairly small with only two treadmills and some free weights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fairfield Bay, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very close and convenient to Mayo if you are a family member of a patient. Excellent restaurant in the property. Just an outstanding staff in all departments, Staff is cheerful,helpful,and very accommodating. Only negative is that the property needs to be seriously updated. The rooms are definitely showing a need for updates,decor, noisy heat and air, but remain clean and acceptable.

Room Tip: reserve early
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to the staff. We like hearing what our guest have to say about the hotel. I will look in to the AC units and check for the noise. Thank you so much for passing on that information. We would look forward to the opportunity to host you next time you are in Jacksonville.
VERO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Shannon & Tracy are the best!! They made our stay the most pleasurable ever......The entire hotel is CLEAN, nice, fresh, from the moment we walked in the front door-to our room, gym, pool and lobby bathroom. The staff was so nice and everyone greets you with a smile. We'll make it a point to stay at this Courtyard when in Jacksonville. Great job guys.........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. I have passed your kind words on to Tracy as well. We were both pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and are honored that you took the time to mention us. Don't forget to stop in anytime you are in Jacksonville.
yarmouth, maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Courtyards are reliable, but this one impressed me. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. That includes the Bistro and housekeeping staff. Front desk staff looked sharp, too, dressed in outfits that coordinated with the overall decor. Small point, I know, but the whole effect was one of professionalism. Our whole visit, albeit short, was exceptional.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ptb123
Thanks so much for the "top notch" description. We really like the new look after the renovation. We are glad to see that our "top notch" guest are enjoying it as well. Thanks for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you on your next trip to Jacksonville.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

A comfortable and conveniently located hotel right off I-95. Close to most southside office parks and and some great shopping and dining options at St John's Town Center. Both the lobby/cafe and all rooms have been renovated in the last few months, now sporting a fresh modern looking decor. I had a comfortable stay with the typical Courtyard service and experience. The weekdays do get quite busy, but you can almost have the weekends to yourself. A comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
I wanted to thank you so much for your kind review of the hotel. We enjoy hearing back from our guest about our new look and how we are doing. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you next time you are in Jacksonville.
PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hotel average in every way. Just. The boneheads in accounting are obviously running the show here. Thank you for "inviting" me to "enjoy" the free cat pi@@, oops I mean coffee in my room. I save some of that to put in my engine since I was a quart low.

• Stayed April 2012
Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would highly recommend this property for a stop-over in Jacksonville. We were ending a vacation trip to various locations in the state and needed a last night's stop-over on our way north. On our daughter's suggestion, she moved to Jacksonville recently, we booked two rooms here. Upon arrival, there were cars and busses filled with visitors to one of the many college bowl games hosted by the city and I was a little apprehensive about what might have turned out to be a pre-game bash, but the crowd was well behaved, perhaps due to the professionalism of the staff in receiving them or maybe they were isolated from the non-fan's staying there that night. Either way, we had a restful night, greatly appreciated. The location is close to I95, but there was no road noise. The pool area was enjoyed by our teen's who reported that it was clean and in good condition.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family