“Great staff, disgusting hotel!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East
Ranked #102 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Parkland, Florida
“Great staff, disgusting hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The staff were very kind and accommodating; however, the hotel was covered in mold and bugs in the rooms. The linens appeared to be soiled and I would not recommend staying there to anyone. The exterior looks fabulous, though.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Battletaxi
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that our level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please know, I’m working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Myers, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

In a office-park-like setting surrounded by at least four other hotel extended stay chains. Outside looks good, check-in staff was friendly; the hallway leading to our room was stiff with dirt. Inside the room, no blanket on bed, got several from the front desk with cigarette holes in them before I found one satisfactory. Rust on refrigerator, no ironing pad on ironing board. Carpet in room so dirty my white socks were black in no time and had to wear shoes in walking around the room. "Grab and Go" breakfast VERY limited in variety; guess this is why you can grab it and go with one hand.

It seemed to us from looking at the vehicles in the parking lot, that this hotel was favored by teams of men installing racks or attending to some project, carrying lots of food into the hotel which probably explains the other reviews comments about roaches and the fact that the exterminator was working when we arrived. My only favorable observation was the front desk staff, who tried valiantly to display a helpful attitude.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback regarding our overall accommodations is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

There were roaches and ants in my first room therefore I had to switch rooms twice. The only good part was the staff was pleasant. If I knew it would be that bad I would've paid extra money and stayed somewhere nicer. The distant was not too bad from the conference I was attending so not complaints there.

• Stayed April 2014
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Friendly staff at the desk. Actually felt bad for her. Place was out of control. Started by pulling into parking lot and watched a few less fortunate walking through carrying a blow up mattress. Went inside and checked in and went up to room. On the way up the place reeked of marijuana. I had read a few bad reviews about long term dirt and poor cleaning. Also one for BED BUGS. Yep I checked. Found a bed bug casing and one escaped into the carpet at the wall. Called hotwire who refunded (thanks so much). CAUTION active prostitution in hotel. Yep there is a review prior from someone else. While packing up our car in the lot we noticed a women of the night standing in the window of the hotel facing the parking lot scantily clad sucking on what I hope was a popsicle. While in the parking lot a guy was screaming into his phone complaining that someone didn't have any more weed. Another guy passed in and out of the building 5-6 times in a matter of an hour. I'm sorry to write this but I honestly struggle to have a lot of faith in the glowing reviews on this property.

If your going to stay -

Don't leave anything in your car - there are several signs around and inside.

Check your bed and behind the couch

This is not a 2.5 star as rated some places

Purpose of our trip was travelling to Ft Lauderdale from the North

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dave - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that your experience at our hotel was not satisfactory. The cleanliness and condition of your room is truly unacceptable. I am sorry for your experience. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Positives: The place was clean, neat, reasonably priced and the free internet was great.

Negatives: I was instantly greeted by a roach when I sat my purse down on the tattered dresser beside the TV. I was instantly on the alert looking for more to show up, which I did see at least four of them during my two day stay. I did not eat or prepare any food in the room. I would have left but I didn't really feel like the hassel since I didn't spend a lot of time in my room. The furniture is outdated and very worn and so was the rest of the room. I expected better since they have a fresh new logo. Well, you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review of your stay. I am glad that you liked your room overall and our free Wi-Fi. Still, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that this is not the norm and something that is being addressed. We are also working to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward so that this type of issue is not repeated.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give our hotel another chance and stay with us again in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Judy, who is the current (12-2013) Manager at this hotel could not be more friendly or accommodating. Judy actively and repeatedly offers to be helpful in every way she can imagine.
It seems as if she has chosen a staff who genuinely enjoy each other and that follows her lead in friendliness and helpfulness. With Judy at the helm, Lance, George, Cara, Bernard, Bernardo, Viola, Hortense and Chaquita and several other housekeepers whose names we did not learn,
all deserve praise for their cheerful and willing spirit.

We are genuinely grateful for not only the facility, its services and reasonable prices, but for the atmosphere that is created by these nice people. It's quite unusual and commendation is in order.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lakewood, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The breakfast is really complete, scrambled eggs and all, and the lady who keeps the breakfast area clean is really cheerful. The service staff are very friendly here. The wifi works, the parking is close and plentiful and nthe place is clean - just a good basic hotel. The thermostat also works. (which is nothing to take for granted, considering some luxury places I've stayed at this year) It doesn't look like you can just run a fan (a classic trick for drowning out the noise around you) but we didnt run into any noise issues at all (though the hotel was having a quiet week). Can't argue with the proximity of the Cracker Barrel. You are very close to Highway 1 and shopping for any travel essentials (look for a RiteAid, and a WalMart is not too far off). We will come back when we're next in Jacksonville.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family