“Customer Very Satisfied” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #101 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Customer Very Satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've Been staying here at this place since September, the staff is outstanding. I thank you all for your great work for making my stay pleasant. This hotel just started continental breakfast which is nice. The maids come in once a week to clean,and they do a wonderful job. I can ask the staff for anything and if they are able to help they will.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, January 31, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family and I stopped here we were very pleased with the service, value, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. I would recommend this location to anyone traveling or just in neeed of temporary lodging. The location is quiet, the property is neat, clean and well maintained. The interstate is easily accessible with lots of places to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wood52
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words!
South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The night clerk was rude. Stairwell and hallways smelled of moldy wet carpet and smoke. Room was filthy and I had to clean the bathroom myself just to feel comfortable using it. I checked in about 10:30pm and came into town as a Mayo clinic patient so I seriously needed rest before my early morning appointments. I was jerked out of my sleep @ 4:30am by loud banging on doors, stomping of the floor above and other rude noises. I tolerated this till about 5:30am until I got dressed and advised the 2nd night clerk of the noise. I was then told "oh, that must be the construction crew and we've told them about the noise before." And then he proceeded to call one of them by name like they were friends or something. Not looking for sympathy b/c I was going to Mayo, but I informed him it was just common courtesy for "adults" to not act like this in hotels and I will be checking out right now and wanted a refund for that night and the future nights I was palnning on staying. He only offered a refund for the future nights. I didnt want to argue so i threw my belongings in my bag and left in the dark in a strange city hundreds of miles away from home to find another room. I ended up at the Townplace suites next door which I stayed before and was awesome and CLEAN but double the price. I chose Extended Stay this time b/c I was travelling by myself and simply needed an inexpensive, hopefully clean and safe place to lay my head. Well, I didnt get that here. With all that said, I will never stay here or any hotel in this chain again. I'll just pay extra and continue to stick w/Marriott or certain LaQuintas and Best Westerns for trips like this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rate, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area, Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operation procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (Please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.) I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotel(sm) brand location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have been at this Extended Stay America for a few moons, originally I intended to stay for a few days then move on to my next destination, but after being here I decided to stay longer. The management is excellent any problems that may occur are corrected instantly. Originally, I was placed in a smoking room, because it was the only one available; although, the next day I was put into a non-smoking room without even calling to request another room. If any problems occur at this Extended Stay you need only contact Kim (manager) or Jovette (assistant manager) for assistance;these two ladies will not blow you off then ignore your complaints they go into action immediately to rectify any situation. This hotel has reasonable rates with good quality rooms and service which is hard to find in Jacksonville.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary96912
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that committtemnt. We strive to provide a " home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognitjon.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel (sm) location.
Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

After leaving another extended Stay America couple blocks away my 2 sons and I found this extended stay and decided to stay there we were meant by the manager at the front desk she told us she was sorry about we weren't happy with the other extended stay because we were met with a hooker in the parking lot at that 1 she promised us our room would be good in our stay would be good in satisfactory we got up to the room the building was clean the room was clean it was decent the bathroom was very old and dated the whole room was pretty much.
There were no pots pans dishes silverware cups paper towels anything you would expect in an extended stay let alone a supposedly Extended Stay Deluxe.

It was okay for the price but I would not have stayed there if my wife daughter or mother would have been with me

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

I do regret that our housekeeping schedule was not made clearer to you when you made your reservation, since that might have prevented your being inconvenienced. As is true with all Extended Stay Hotels(sm), our hotel provides one full housekeeping service after every seven days stayed. In addition, for guests who require more than our standard service, we offer extra daily services for an additional nominal fee. Operating this way allows us to continue offering our suites at outstanding rates, and still provide our guests with the exact number of housekeeping services they prefer.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Again my boyfriend and I stayed at Extended Stay Even though I vowed Nto ever again! However we did and this was my worst hotel experience, our first room was infested with some type of bugs. We brought some ihop to the hotel but I Couldnt Even Bring myself To Eat It after what We Noticed Shortly After.i Was Literally Walking Around With My Purse In One hand Food In The Other Because I Didnt Want To Touch Anything. My Bf put his jacket on the chair and noticed little bugs on the chair and all over the table top. Then we noticed A dirty yellow stained rag balled up at the bottom of the refrigerator . After noticing all of this I put my purse on the other table and realized i saw the same bugs on this table too. Disgusted, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands while my Bf was checking the bed... then i noticed ants coming out of the drain. At this point I told my Bf I was done...I needed a new room or to leave ASAP. He agreed but said he needed to use the bathroom first...minutes later he called me in there and there were ants walking on the rim of the toilet. We went to get a new room and the man at desk was rude. He didn't make eye contact then when my Bf mentioned the bugs the man tried to convince us they were just ants. We aren't idiots. we know what ants are, I'm pretty sure they were some type of mites ,possibly bed bugs. We got a new room which Was better but dingy very Old fashioned Luckily No bugs. I was scarred by the whole experience I couldn't even sleep because i was so paranoid. I am still disgusted . I would not recommend this place...it's tucked away also, that probably Why those bugs had time to infest the room. Sometimes it better to just pay the extra ten and stay somewhere better.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We always stay here if we are in Jacksonville. If its for one night or a month it doesn't matter. The location is just great and it is always quite. The most recent stay was just the same. The hotel seems to be updating some of their rooms which is nice. The stay was nice and quite and the room was clean. The staff is a little rude and doesn't seem to care about the guests much but I'll have to talk to corporate about that. Other than that we will continue go back until we have a horrible experience. It's a great business stay but if you are looking for a leisure hotel Extended Stays are not usually it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Jacksonville- Butler Blvd. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that committement. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for your, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.