The night clerk was rude. Stairwell and hallways smelled of moldy wet carpet and smoke. Room was filthy and I had to clean the bathroom myself just to feel comfortable using it. I checked in about 10:30pm and came into town as a Mayo clinic patient so I seriously needed rest before my early morning appointments. I was jerked out of my sleep @ 4:30am by loud banging on doors, stomping of the floor above and other rude noises. I tolerated this till about 5:30am until I got dressed and advised the 2nd night clerk of the noise. I was then told "oh, that must be the construction crew and we've told them about the noise before." And then he proceeded to call one of them by name like they were friends or something. Not looking for sympathy b/c I was going to Mayo, but I informed him it was just common courtesy for "adults" to not act like this in hotels and I will be checking out right now and wanted a refund for that night and the future nights I was palnning on staying. He only offered a refund for the future nights. I didnt want to argue so i threw my belongings in my bag and left in the dark in a strange city hundreds of miles away from home to find another room. I ended up at the Townplace suites next door which I stayed before and was awesome and CLEAN but double the price. I chose Extended Stay this time b/c I was travelling by myself and simply needed an inexpensive, hopefully clean and safe place to lay my head. Well, I didnt get that here. With all that said, I will never stay here or any hotel in this chain again. I'll just pay extra and continue to stick w/Marriott or certain LaQuintas and Best Westerns for trips like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Extended Stay
- Extended Stay America Jacksonville