“"Very nice, comfortable and convenient place to stay"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East
Ranked #101 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“"Very nice, comfortable and convenient place to stay"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We have been staying at the extended stay several months now and find that the staff and the accommodations to be outstanding. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Jacksonville- Butler Blvd. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that committement. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for your, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

We went November 2011 for leisure. It was my boyfriend, my daughter and I. My boyfriend booked the room as the pricing was pretty good, I believe $50.00 a night as we were supposed to stay a couple weeks. We got to our room and there were ants all over the kitchen, and the previous occupants sock in the living room. You are supposed to be given pots, pans, dishes and silverware as well as a pillow and blanket for the sofa bed. We did not have any of this. We went downstairs and they gave us all of these things. We went out and bought cleaner as the ants were bad! We were told on check in that our weekly cleaning day was Friday. Friday came and the housekeeper did not come. We called down and they said that they did not do any weekly cleaning on Thurday or Friday. We then saw roach climbing up the wall!!! I wanted to leave, though my boyfriend insisted on staying another couple of nights for the weekly rate. Monday came and the housekeeper didnt come again. My boyfriend went down and was basically asked what we wanted them to do about it. They said they could try to fit us in on Tuesday. At this point, we found another hotel (Candlewood Suites..review to follow) and left here early. Once we got to the new hotel I noticed my daughter who had slept on the sofa bed had bed bug bites all over her back!!!!! My advice is to not stay here. It is outdated but I did not care so much about that as we were traveling on a budget but it had bugs, was dirty and didnt have what they claimed it would have. Also, it was a musty smell, we had to buy freshner to kill the smell. I will be writing corporate and sending the bed bug bite photo!! All the other reviews seemed to be old...and if I had seen them I would not have stayed but trust me anywhere is better than this place!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank iikeriii03054

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

We had a nice room. Very clean and comfortable. Excellent value. Staff was great also. Don't understand the bad reviews. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

I booked this through hotwire and arrived to a room that smaelled like must and smoke . i was suffereing from a terrible sinus issue and the pillows on the bed were terrible so I called the front deks to inquire about getting an additional pillow . i was told " NO ..we ain't got em " and then was hung up on . I marched myself to the sek and asked fr a pillow and was told " we don;t got no extra pillows . " I explained that I have a condition laying flt that cause s me to get sinus migraines and was told " that's your problem . You should know your health and should travel with a better pillow then ." Needless to say I slept upright in the chair to avoid the migraine.

The next morning I asked to speak to a manger and she litterally rolled her eyes at me . I thought my Husband was gonna flip . When we asked why we couldnt have been offered a pillow from a vacant room we were told " How do I know you wouldnt just walk out with my pillows . We would have no way of knowing you had extra pillows ." When I suggested maybe using a pencil and paper to just write it down , so the inventory would be accounted for, the MANAGER told me " I know my job . YOU don't. We don't offer pillows here. You should travel with apilow if you know you need one. Have a nice day ."

Again I pushed forward , asking what woudl have happened , God forbid , if someone in this hotel got ill in the night or got a bloody nose and neede a new pillow . " you mean in this whole establishment you dont have a single replacement pillow . I find it hard to believe that there isnt some requirement that amkes you have extras fro emergencies. "

" A migraine isnt an emergency , and if it was theres a phone to call 911 . have a nice day ." ...and with that she turned her BACK to us and walked away .

i will never stay at ANY EXTENDED STAY AMERICA AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Erin H
Knoxville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

We went to Jacksonville on leisure and stayed at this hotel. It is located in a business section of town and so you have to drive to the beach and they do not have a pool. We didn't pay full asking price or I would have asked for a refund. We bid for a room in the Jacksonville area and ended up with this place for $35.00 a night. It is really in need of some major remodeling. It does have the convenience of a kitchenette though. The furniture is outdated, the bed is uncomfortable and the pillows are so lumpy and flat that they feel as though someone stuffed some cotton balls into some cloth and then scrunched them up. When we went out shopping, we made a point of finding some comfortable pillows to use during our stay and to take home with us. Our room faced the interstate and so the traffic was noisy, especially at night while you are trying to sleep. The air conditioner unit was kind of loud too and so it didn't really do that much to drown out any sort of noise. Our room was clean for the most part, however it did have a slight musty odor and the shower had cheap, visible spackling to cover cracks. The table and chairs had unidentifiable crusty stuff on them. Needless to say, I bought some antibacterial wipes and spray and wiped everything down really well. They really need to remodel and pay better attention when cleaning. You also do not get daily maid service, but you can exchange your towels for $5.00 each time. I probably would not stay again.

• Liked — The convenience of having a kitchenette.
  • Disliked — The uncomfortable bed and pillows and the fact that there was no pool.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
niceville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2007

April 10,2007

Sent on business to work at nearby facility in city. I arrived late and doors were locked. I was able to be buzzed in after awaking the night person. I asked for a nonsmoking room but my room smelled like an ashtray. Thermostat did not work but no one answering desk phone secondary. The rug underneath the radiator was wet which was placed beside the bed. Room appeared clean though. The next morning I returned to the hotel post work and i was told that I had"checked out " because my room had no luggage . Luckily, there was one room left on the first floor that was a handicapped suite. Again, the thermostat did not work and there was a puddle of water underneath the radiator beside the bed. I called my company and told them to find me another place to stay. Unfortunately, I leave before 6 am and often return late and there is no front office staff to call. The hotel rooms could use a make over and the carpeting is run down and worn. The front lobby could use a little updating and tlc. The people at the desk are nice and friendly but they are working with an inferior product. I would not stay at this hotel unless that was the only one in Jacksonville.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank wpearsonmd
Fort Lauderdale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2007

Hotels needs a makeover! Stains all over the carpets and walls. Spackling on the walls and in bathtub. Bed was uncomfortable and there was hair on the pillows, disgusting. I stayed one night and then went next door to the red roof in which was just recently renovated... Only good thing was its in a great location and the staff was friendly enough.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nasty room, dirty!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank KC9090