“My Holiday Inn Express experiance”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Ranked #46 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 9, 2009

i've been staying at the holiday inn express JACKSONVILLE SOUTH for about 4 YEARS now at least 2 TIMES PER WEEK . the service is SECOND TO NONE the employees are VERY HELPFUL . the rooms are always EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN AND FRESH ! i would'nt EVEN CONSIDER STAYING anywhere ELSE because when I'M HERE I ALWAYS feel like i'm HOME ! keep up the good work , sincerly , T.BROWN

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South

Reviewed January 2, 2009

My boyfriend and his parents went to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl. When we arrived in Jacksonville our original hotel had given our room away, so we had to scramble to find somewhere else. Luckily for us the Holiday Inn had a few rooms still available. The bathroom was very clean and the room was clean as well. However, the room we were staying in had a pull-out sofa in addition to two double beds. When we pulled out the pull out sofa we discovered the linens had not been changed and a dirty towel was in the bed as well. We went downstairs to inform the staff no apology was offered and the employee simply handed us another pillow and some clean linens for us to make the bed ourselves. Overall though we were very pleased with our stay with the exception of our one incident.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Bring your co-workers! I don't know if they updated there Wi-fi problems and change there staff but amazing hotel!! I travel a lot hotel was clean, internet was high speed no problems and staff was really professional.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2008

Our family of 4 stayed for 1 night. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and the breakfast was quite good. The eggs are a welcome addition to the breakfast options. The staff was professional. and treated us well.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed March 29, 2008

Being in Sales, I do a lot of calls during the early hours and depend on Internet communication for emails and quotations in the afternnoon. I like to sit quietly in my motel room and catch up.

Well the wi-fi was so terrible at this hotel I actually thought it was my computer acting up. I went to the local Store and bought a new laptop. Lo and behold it did not solve the problem. Tried the wall jack with toll free customer service-they said they would reset the switches? Ha Ha- cop out. The wireless was so slow I could not function.

This motel stay was like pouring money into the front fountain and watching it float away.

Seriously, if you are considering a stay here, please listen to me and reconsider your business trip at this motel.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 12, 2008

This is a pretty nice HI Express, but the WiFi is so slow it's useless. I stay for business purposes, and seldom have problems with WiFi. First try and the WiFi didn't connect? I went to ethernet cable, but on several occasions it timed out before the page loaded.

The front desk told me the network is not secure, and allows numerous neighboring houses and hotels tap in. This depletes the band width so much it virtually locks up the internet at peak hours.

There's a Candlewood Suites two blocks away that may have figured LANs out by now. It's a shame because everything else is nice here. I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank XRD
Reviewed October 20, 2006

Okay, im going to start off by saying that I am an employee of a Holiday Inn Express in clearwater, FL. I have been working in hotels for 4 years, and I understand the In's and Out's of a hotel. My best friend and I had a free gift cetificate for this hotel, which is good because I would have never checked in unless we did! We walked up tp the desk, where the font desk girl was rude and treated me like an idiot. She was screaming at me, as if I couldnt hear her, demanding ID. Well Im not 21 which under most hotel rules, you must be in order to check in. She took one look at my ID and would not let us check in, didnt speak to a manager to see if she could make an exception for a fellow employee or anything, just an attitude and a flat out NO!!!!!! So after having to go through the trouble of having my uncle drive an hour to check us in, because they would not allow us to, we get into our room, which I must say was a nice room.

The next morning, I awoke, ready to take a nice hot shower, but i needed towels. so I called down to the desk to ask for three towels. The rude lady on the other end, with poor english said that I needed to come to the desk, or find a house keeper to take some from. I asked her why she couldnt have someone come bring them to me, being that I was in my PJ's, and she informed me that she did not have what she called "room Service" and that she had no one to come birng me towels. But the kicker is, that when we checked in the night before, and needed more towels, we got them brought up to our room in 10 mins within calling......

These people were just very unaccomadating and rude. Being that I work at a hotel I am floored that managers let their employees treat guest, paying or non paying guests this way. on top of it all, the appearance of the employees was the most unprofessional I have ever seen in my life. Jeans and sneakers are apparently acceptable at this property. Needless to say I will be in the jacksonville area many times in the next few months and I wouldnt stay here again if they paided me!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends