“Not a destination hotel, but adequate for a safe place to rest”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Ranked #46 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here while attending a conference in Jacksonville. Friendly front desk clerks. Clean, quiet, nice variety for breakfast. Room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Not a glamorous hotel, but I felt safe there and got the rest I needed between midnight and 6 am for three nights. Well worth the money. Appreciate having fruit and oatmeal as options for breakfast instead of just empty, sugary carbohydrates. Would recommend this to other travelers.

Room Tip: I asked for a room at the end of the hall away from the elevator and vending machines. Slept great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RiinaK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. I hope you had a good conference in Jacksonville. I am glad to hear that you felt safe and got to enjoy our breakfast. For your next visit to Jacksonville I hope you choose us again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

On our way to cruise ship going to Bahamas next day, only a half mile away from carnival Cruise ship. Also has shuttle to ship. Rooms were great and service was good. Breakfast was better than most places. Hot breakfast was served! Was well satisfied ! Also got a discount since I work for Walmart!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RiinaK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write about your stay at our Brand Hotel on Heckser Drive. We are always pleased to hear when Holiday Inn Brand is loved and appreciated. We will always welcome your in your future travels. Thank you

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is a fantastic hotel. Location is great, within easy access to major highways. The front desk staff is clearly happy with their line of work, eager to be helpful, and always greet all the customers with a smile. The rooms are super clean and comfortably appointed with modern furniures. Pets are welcomes with an open arm, which is always a must with all dog owners. Breakfast service is fantastic, featuring HI Express signature cinnamon roll. Wifi easy to connect and dependable. Overall, an excellent value for your dollar. Only "adverse" comment: The two bed "suite" is not quite a "suite" in the conventional sense; in most Holiday Inns, it would perhaps be more accurately termed as a 2 beds with a couch sitting area.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

GREAT warm cookies on check in! Newspaper in the morning.This is an excellent place to stay. Hot breakfast and friendly helpful staff! They even provided a wheel chair for my mother in law who had just had eye surgery.

Room Tip: adjoining and handicapped rooms available
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The only irk was killing a roach the first night... If we had seen others I would have been concerned, however I got over it quickly because the hotel was awesome... The breakfast is truly a breakfast... pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, toast, bagels, your choice of jellies, peanut butter, syrup & sugar free syrup, cereal, OJ, & Passion Mango juice, coffee and all served and available at least until 9:30 am everyday... excellent location off I-95, easy to find and fairly easy to exit as the entrance off the freeway is a one way... nice well lit parking lot with circular drive to drop off luggage or people... will stay here again in a heartbeat... Go HOLIDAY INN - Jacksonville South...

Room Tip: asked and received a ground floor room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The lipstick on a pig review about wraps it up, we were in town for a concert and I booked the room reading the not half bad reviews. I've stayed at super 8s with exterior doors nicer and cleaner. The towels were 80% cotton, 15% cement and 5% pubes. One washcloth had what appeared to be a fecal stain. The room was cramped, not to mention we were missing a pull out sofa. They were able to let me check in about 30 minutes early but really nothing special. For the price Hilton and Wyndham go further and beyond expectations in this area. The hotel seemed to have a somewhat recent update but it was not much and kind of just thrown on. And cops were constantly on the premises, I'm not sure if this was security or incidents but either way if that much security was needed or there were that many incidents, but it was the type of presence that more so raises you hair. This motel is the reason I will never stay with HI Or IC again and have moved all my business travelers to a HGI when back home.

• Stayed: May 2012
RiinaK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write about your stay. I do apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. I have addressed all the cleaning issues with our housekeeping department and I assure you we do not take this lightly. I am sorry if a suite with pull out sofa bed was not available during your stay. We are in a safe area and have not had any problems with police involvement but have had police training on the property. Again, I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and hope this does not affect your decision to use Holiday Inn Express brand in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night in what was called a suite. I normally define a suite as having a separate bedroom and sitting area. This was more like a studio with a pullout sofa, a microwave and a refrigerator. The room was the same size as a regular room. Aside from that there was nothing, good or bad, to differentiate this HIE from any other HIE,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pistolpjh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Pistolpjh,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B