“A pretty good hotel”

Ramada Jacksonville/Baymeadows Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #82 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a late check-in, and some issues locating our room - and the staff was friendly and accommodating while handling these for us. Our room number started with a 6, but was on the second floor haha.

The hallway carpets could use a cleaning, but the room was comfortable, quiet, and clean, and the coffee in the restaurant in the morning tasted great!

It was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Ramada Jacksonville/Baymeadows Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I work here in jacksonville 3 days a week n this is where i stay. All the staff have become like my family. Eric serves up a great drink at the bar n is always funny. Benny cooks up food that doesn't taste like "hotel food" in the kitchen. My breakfast servers n cook are the sweetest lady's. Arvind n his front desk girls always make sure ur happy. Been staying here since October n couldn't believe this place has a bad review. However, they have been renovating alot. New flat screen t.v.'s were put in last month n new carpet being done right now! If ur in town stay here n have a great experience! Urs truely, Dawn Bertrand Cocoa Beach, Fl

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If ur looking for a place for friendly people this is the place to stay! The bartender Eric is amazing and everyone else is Awsome! The pool is a great place to relax, the beds are comfy as heck and the food is amazing! A must see and stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stay almost exclusively IHG hotels and am a Platinum member of their loyalty club. This stay didn't meet all my expectations in what I have come to enjoy in Holiday Inn and HIE. I booked the room thru the IHG site and I saw that the rate was different for each night of my multi-nite stay. Out of curiosity I asked the night clerk why the rates changed, he said he didn't know but since I asked the question he would fix it so that each day would be the same room rate. Well, when I checked out 2 days later, they had me listed as being with Nabisco, I have no connection with them and the rate wasn't changed. I asked the day clerk and she said they can't change the rate, but she pulled the sheet out and there was the note the night clerk had written on their billing sheet. She did fix the rate, but alluded that this was my fault because I failed to initial a checkbox that gave a new uniform daily room rate, I have never heard of such a thing.
Beyond the minor room rate detail, there were issues with conditions. The elevator floor was sticky, your shoes stuck to it. I don't know if it was spilled soda or beer, but it was a problem. At least on the 2nd floor, the carpets in the hallways need to be replaced, the common areas needed a good cleaning.
The room itself was clean and I was placed in the back of the hotel, so there was very little noise. Sleep quality is the most important part of my stay and I was able to get some good sleep.
I have come to enjoy nice clean fresh surroundings and super helpful friendly staff at almost all Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inns around the county, but this one didn't measure up.
I will be coming to Jacksonville a lot in the future since I have a new grand child there, but I think I will stay Holiday Inn Express down the road.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side, very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Jacksonville/Baymeadows Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Devilstowerwy,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel was a last minute choice. My first complaint was it's in a bad spot, and the only entrance is through a krystal's fast food restaurant. The young lady at the desk was pretty nice and helpful. We asked how old the hotel was and she responded 40 years ! Not to mention they had plumbing issues, one side was closed off due to that. We first walked into the room, checked it out and there was a roach in the bathroom! We only stayed one night in this crappy hotel, and we killed three roaches! I've never been to a hotel and experienced this. It was awful and not to mention tissue in the bathroom had a roach on it, disgusting! We were scared to sleep at night, to wake up and find roaches crawling over us. Luckily that didn't happen. I'll never stay here again, if I were you I would stay at another hotel that isn't so cheap. This wasn't worth our $80.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank roni_cee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Jacksonville/Baymeadows Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear roni_cee,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Kindly accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel for business. The hotel has a great location. Easy access from the highway. The Front Desk staff and the restaurant where very helpfull and friendly. They greet you as you enter the hotel. Eric at the bar outstanding service. In the room very clean, beds are comtable, the bathroom spacios. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stay here very often my last visit was a eye opener. I saw much improvement, New pool furniture,New fitness equipment, Business center improvements,I usually stay in the same room and I seen that the room has improved.Like where they are going, will stay again.

Room Tip: Great location, friendly employees,improved.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family