“Great Customer Service and Clean Rooms”

Ramada Jacksonville/Baymeadows Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #78 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Kissimmee, Florida
“Great Customer Service and Clean Rooms”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel for business. The hotel has a great location. Easy access from the highway. The Front Desk staff and the restaurant where very helpfull and friendly. They greet you as you enter the hotel. Eric at the bar outstanding service. In the room very clean, beds are comtable, the bathroom spacios. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stay here very often my last visit was a eye opener. I saw much improvement, New pool furniture,New fitness equipment, Business center improvements,I usually stay in the same room and I seen that the room has improved.Like where they are going, will stay again.

Room Tip: Great location, friendly employees,improved.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kissimmee
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Once you get past the lobby, the place is in HORRIBLE condition. The repairs look terrible and cheap, which for most hotels wouldn't be a big deal but for a Holiday Inn it was pretty terrible. The room was clean and I could have forgiven the state of the rooms if immediately after entering the room I didn't find a roach walking across the counter. No thanks. My two night stay quickly became a one night stay. I was creeped out from the minute i walked in the place, by how completely empty the whole hotel was, and by the creepy clerk. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for with hotels but this was not the case with this hotel. I was extremely disappointed as I have had very good experience with other Holiday Inns in the past.

Room Tip: Both rooms were terrible
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Jacksonville/Baymeadows Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Molly R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the overall cleanliness of the room may have caused you. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Poinciana, Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had an antique fire truck collectors convention here during the week on 2/11 thru 2/16 and the hotel staff went above and beyond to meet our needs. Ms. Mary Key and John Baird were wonderful in meeting all of our requests. Eric the bartender did double duty on one night, and the maintenance staff was great. The resturarant food was excellent. The morning waiteress, Lonny and her daughter, Greta were fantastic. Of course the GM Rob Lewis was also very helpful during our staff. Would strongly recommend this faciltity to anyone traveling thru jacksonville.

Room Tip: Had a room on first floor and it was very comfortable, and quiet. Very large beds, fridge and tv we...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Firefighter17
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I attended the SPAAMFAA convention here. Before I went I read the reviews so didn't expect much, but the place is nicely updated, close to the highway and a lot of restaurants and clean and comfortable. It was a good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn at Baymeadows and 95 for a few days. Was so much nicer then some I have stayed in. Rooms were clean and updated in the last few years.
Went to bar in lobby each night and the bartender Eric was just wonderful. First night bar was not real busy so Eric told us about areas of Jacksonville that was very helpful and interesting. Next night was packed at bar and surrounding tables and Eric still gave excellent service and remembered what we had drank the night before. We will be back because of the excellent service that Eric provided to us next time we visit Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Our room was on the south and very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn numerous times over the past 8 years. Over that period it was obvious that the facility started showing its age spots. Stopped coming after a not-so-positive 4-room family visit in early 2011. Returned, after one year, and took a chance and found a much improved property - cleaner and more appealing overall. As Platinum frequent guest member (highest level) for the HI/Crown, etc. chain, I've got lots of experience with the brands. Staying in the area at least 2x per month for the past 6 months, I now will not stay anywhere else! Congrats to management for making needed improvements to the property. It will be a truly great reasonably-priced property when they’re done with the make-over.

More importantly, what makes or breaks a hotel, beyond its ambiance and facilities, is its people. Let me tell you about some of them:

(1) I called the hotel after checking some of the discount web sites to ask if there were any promos. The nighttime front desk person told me for a week's stay that there probably would be and I would need to talk to the manager who she'd have call me back (manager did a few hours later). BUT, before we completed the call, she proceeded to tell me about all the improvements to the hotel since my last visit 12 months earlier. Amazing - an employee, working the night shift, with no one to impress, turning into a very convincing sales person!

(2) I lost a gold 50-year-old family medallion that my parents had given me for my 13th birthday. I knew I had it one day and the next it was gone. I retraced my steps of the previous 12 hours - parking lots, restaurants, my Mom's apartment building and the Holiday Inn hotel hallways and lobby. After my fruitless 2+ hour search, I began to realize that all hope was gone to retrieving it. My last hope was searching the floor around my bed. What did I find when I entered my room? The medallion was on the nightstand – the housekeeper found it on my bed and left it for me! Amazing – an honest housekeeper who could have easily pocketed the ‘trinket’ and no one ever would have known! [And, yes, I rewarded her honesty with an honorarium that was given to her, at my request, in front of the hotel staff. ]

(3) The side exit/entrance door was not closing completely, potentially allowing non-guests to enter the property. When I reported the problem, the door was actually being worked on by the time I left the hotel 1 hour later! Amazing – a maintenance department that could jump on important issues immediately!

(4) Housekeepers with a smile? Housekeepers who appreciate having guests staying in their hotel? Housekeepers acknowledging a guest’s existence by saying “good morning” as they pass in the hallway? One housekeeper who apparently likes her job so much that she was singing as she was making up a vacant room? Amazing – not sure what management’s doing to keep these employees motivated and personable but I was flabbergasted that the majority of the staff seemed to want to work there! Yea, right, this is typical of hotels in the US!!!

(5) For whatever reason, my room did not have a clock. I asked for one at the Front Desk on my way to breakfast and it was already placed in my room by the time I finished my meal. Amazing – a responsiveness that I’ve never seen before in a hospitality setting (with the exception of fancy $400 per night hotels), especially since I told them that I needed it when I returned that night, so there was no urgency to my request.

Are there still a few warts that need to be addressed to bring this property back to traditional Holiday Inn standards? For sure. Breakfast buffet is pretty repetitious every day but there’s sufficient variety so that you can have several days of different meals. Some carpeting could be replaced but, interestingly, I found out that they already had a plan to address that issue. Outlets for the typical traveller’s electronics are a bit wanting in the guest rooms but that will be a suggestion to management on my next visit!

Room Tip: Two elevators make access to the tower or 2-story wing easy. Save steps - use the side entrance if...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family