Ramada Jacksonville/Baymeadows Hotel & Conference Center
$126
HotelIndigo.com
$129
  • Restaurant
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$89
$84
$109
$93
All reviewsnight staystaff was friendlynice staygreat roomclean roomsenjoyed my staymayo clinicjennahousekeeperinterstaterates
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked in here for one night via Priceline. As I bid for the hotel, I did not know which hotel I would get until my bid was accepted. I would avoid this hotel and pay a bit more (or bid on a 3.5 star in another area). The lobby is nice and the desk staff, while not terribly knowledegable try to be helpful.

The hotel has a fair amount of trash in the parking lot (bottles, fast food wrappers, etc.). The rooms are in need of renovation. The paint is chipped and scarred and the wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling. The shower curtain was stained and needed a good cleaning and the shower bar was covered in rust. There was also a lot of rust on tge air conditioning vent and cold air return.

While there is complimentary WIFI and a microwave and mini fridge in each room, the rooms themselves llok old and tired. the TV was an old Zenith cathode ray tube model.

I wanted to use the gym but unfortunately of the 4 machines in the gym area, three were broken. The TV in the GYM area also had an 'out of order' sign plastered on it. The pool looked like it had not been skimmed in a while as there were a leaves floating on the surface. Additionally, there are no towels out at the pool area.

The location is pretty good, but there are other hotels in the area that I would choose first over visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maturefamilytraveler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Jacksonville/Baymeadows Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear maturefamilytraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am pleased that you found our location pretty convenient. However, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel with our Priority Club points so it was a free night, but I think I would have been more disappointed if we paid for it. The hotel is very convenient off I-95 and there are several restaurants nearby, in fact, there is a Krystal about 200ft away, which we liked. The property feels a little worn and could use some renovations. The a/c in our room never quite cooled the room sufficiently, but the fridge/microwave was a welcome amenity. The door to our room didn't quite close all the way so we had to really slam it to get it to close, something I'm sure our neighbors didn't appreciate. If you're looking for someplace to just sleep, this hotel may fit the bill.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I travel to Jacksonville often and almost always stay at this Holiday Inn. The rooms are renovated but the gym is not up to par so this time I didn't stay there because of the gym but I did still visit the property because of the Bartender at the Front page Restaurant & Lounge. His name is Eric. I've been coming to this hotel for 5 years and Eric has been a fixture. I believe that he has been there for several years. He is very friendly and makes everyone feel right at home. He is very attentive and also very informative if you need to know about the area. The food is also very good but hanging out with Eric is always an enjoyable experience. Hopefully they can improve the gym and I will be back to stay there but even if I don't stay there I will always visit the Front Page Restaurant.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Been to many IHG properties in Jax. I prefer to stay here ONLY because of the bartender Eric. I was here one time, and 3 weeks later I stayed again, and he remebered not only my name but what I was drinking. The rooms and fitness center are marginal, but as long as Eric is bartending, I will continue to stay here. When you are on the road all the time, it is nice to feel a bit of home when someone remembers who you are. The front desk is horrible, I have waited every time I checked in as the man was on the phone EVERY TIME. It is the SLOWEST check in process at any holiday inn I have stayed at. If it was not for the wonderful service at the bar, I def would NOT stay here. I am only rating this propery as EXCELLENT because of the service at the bar. Thank you for the fabulous guest service Eric. It is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is an older hotel in the area. But it is great for business being right on interstate 95. Also the only reason I stay at the hotel is because they know my name when i walk in the door, they give me the same room which has been remodled and Eric in the resturant is great. I can tell you if they ever part ways with Eric I will find somewhere else to stay at!!! Overall it is a good place just needs some TLC. I have been staying here for the past 6 years an average of 50 to 60 nights per year!!!!

Room Tip: ask for the rooms in the 500 or 600's they are bigger and newer. flat screen tvs also.