“WoW loved this one”

Ranked #23 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Englewood, Florida
“WoW loved this one”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel. Nice pool, hot tub, nice location, close to interstate, clean, new rooms, very comfortable bed and great pillows. Wish they were all like this one. Front desk staff, very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I will start this review the understanding that this reservation and experience did not go well from the beginning! I needed a place in Jacksonville that had room to move around with a dog and two people so opted for a suite. I made the reservation two weeks in advance and after getting my confirmation number, I checked to confirm it was a non-smoking suite and was told n"o, we cannot guarentee that and rooms are not assigned until morning of check in." It was recommended that I call that morning of my stay to confirm. So, I did just that - at 6:30am and was immediatly put on hold by a woman for over four minutes. She came back on the phone and was a bit snippy and rude and told me I was in the smoking suite - could not tell me how and/or why I couldn't be moved even based on the info given to me prior - she spoke over me several times and raised her voice - quite unprofessional. In response, I hung up frustrated and began calling other area inns/suites. About 20 minutes later, the GM called me and offered to make good with two adjoining rooms - very professional and handled well to her credit. I was very impressed that she took the time to call me back without a request from me to do so and offer to resolve the issue - again, top notch. My frustration came after I checked in - the first room was great - big, clean, roomy - a terrific spot! I went into the second room to open the adjoining door and was immediately greeting by the smell of smoke - not impressed. I called the front desk who assured me it was a non-smoking room and apologized she had nothing else available. I was frustrated that I gave up a suite for the room when the end result was the same, but alas, it was what it was (until I got home and realized how bad it was when everything I had in the room including luggage smelled of smoke).

Now, I also had a dog - when I made the reservation, I requested a first floor for obvious reasons. I was put on the fourth floor. With a dog who had to travel for 10 hours in the car to get here with me. Going on an elevator was not fun and having to wait for a slow and crowded elevator with a dog who had to "take care of business" was not a great time either.

Overall, the property was very nice, the courtyard and pool area was small but clean, well kept and nice and rooms were large and well kept. The staff that I either spoke with via phone or met in person with the exception of the GM could use some assistance in hospitality, but wouldn't hesitate to return.

Side note: when they say breakfast ends at 10am, be prepared to get there before 9:59am or you're out of luck. I "traded off" dog duty with the person I was with (we sat outside) - got in to the breakfast area at 9:50am - the other person got a waffle, fruit, hard boiled egg, etc. and came to sit down with the dog while I went for my breakfast - at 9:59am (really just shy of 10am). I asked if there was more juice since the container was empty and was told by the attendant of this area rather abruptly that "breakfast ends at 10". So, as she was quickly picking up food and everything around me, I started grabbing what I could before she took it from under me. Ended with two small muffins, and bagel and cream cheese - she seriously took the container of cream cheese from me as I had my hand in it taking a package. I blocked the toaster with my body and that seemed to work, then went to my car where I had a cooler of drinks since she was clearly not offering me anything. Again, just basic rules of courtesy and hospitality would go a long way. I appreciate that people have time lines and a job to do, but there's a way to do it without being rude or appearing uncaring.

Room Tip: If staying with a pet, get assurance you're on the first floor. With only one elevator that'...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pancan1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This location is clean, smells good, and .has a nice interior. The staff was friendly and efficient.
It was worth the price. Only thing i didn't like we could not use a late check on a Friday morning. They do have decent free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

HARRISON, TN
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I must admit, my last experience with LQ in Savannah was not great. However, I was surprised on how nice LQ was in Jacksonville. Rooms, bathroom, sleeping area were spacious - all areas clean. Reception - very nice. I would stay in this LQ anytime!!! Great Job folks.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to stay here!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo