Baymont Inn & Suites Orange Park Jacksonville
Ranked #99 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights August 11 and 12 2012. Front desk very good, personnel are all good. Housekeeping not cleaning room properly, was a mildew ring in toilet. Hotel is outdated but would stay again. Needs to be renovated. No business office. Nice pool. Room is comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Macon, Georgia, USA
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel is located conveniently off of I-295 close to restaurants and shopping. Friendly staff who do their best to fulfill your needs, whether it be a particular room location, advice on local restaurants, or in-room needs. I have been staying here for years and do not have a single complaint.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

1 Thank MaconBill478
Reviewed July 16, 2012

THIS IS A COPY OF THE LETTER A SENT IN RESPONSE TO "HOW WAS YOUR VISIT?"
Hi,
I wasn't really going to say anything, and just limit myself to not ever go there again. But since you are so kind as to ask how my visit was, I will write you a summary of my experience and send some photos.

This was my first time staying in La Quinta, Jacksonville, but my husband had stayed twice before. Unfortunately this stay wasn't as pleasant as the others he described. I sent my daughter who lives in Jacksonville and for whom I stay at this hotel so I can go visit, to call and ask if she had to do check-in for us because we would get there very late that day (July 8th-9th, 2012), about midnight or later. We had already reserved and paid through your website. They told her there was no need because there were employees 24 hours a day and it wouldn't be a problem us checking-in really late.

Well,...they were wrong.

When we got there the young man that gave us a room pointed out in a no pleasant way that it was a miracle, or to quote him, we were "lucky" he had rooms available, because in his 8 years working for La Quinta he had never seen a reservation like mine, and quote "I don't even know what that is", pointing at his computer were apparently he could see our reservation, dates and names, and "What is... " reading the lettering of the promo code I had used. I told him we used a promotional code and THE HOTELS website, he wasn't very convinced for some reason, and said its better to call than use sites like expedia and others, I said AGAIN, I used La Quintas site. I asked how come we were lucky to find a room, if I had made the reservation, PAID already online, and taken the precaution of sending my daughter to call and verify if she needed to do check-in for us and pick up the key. He said, if he didn't have a room available we would of had to stay in the lobby till he got one (this was about 2am, we were really tired and didn't want to argue). We were sent to a room near the pool. The stains in the curtains, bed covers and tub (which I really wanted to clean with tylex, because I'm sure that’s all it needed), besides the bubbled, cracked ceiling, wouldn't of been that bad. What really made it worse was the fact that going to our room we were greeted by a dead cockroach in front of our door and a live one in one of our beds, not to mention the horrendous smell of cigarettes impregnated in the room. When we complaint about the obvious smoking smell of the room and sheets, they said sorry, people smoke outside and inevitably it goes in through the AC vent. Never offered to change rooms, even though I could see there were many rooms available. This week all four of us, who've never smoked, breathed in so much second-hand smoke we couldn't stand our throats.

On our second day we discovered no one had come in to change sheets, towels, put more paper or coffee in our room. We went to the counter, a gentleman checked in the computer and said sorry but since we got there so late our room wasn't assigned to anyone to clean, but he would assign it from the next day on (which he did), and brought towels to our room. He was very attentive. Even though the beds were made next day, there was no more coffee for the rest of our stay and never and extra toilet paper (they waited for all of it to finish to put more).

I stayed in La Quinta near Universal Studios and I know this one is newer, but I hope that one keeps up their great work, because we had a great time there. I think for my next visit to Jacksonville its time to change hotels and try a new one. I am very glad I paid a good rate for this stay, even though I'm not sure if that’s why I got eyeballed by the first employee, because this stay was horrible and paying full price for it would of been worse. I thank you for that at least and please forgive me for being so direct. But I just got back and have had to clean even the luggage, because the smoke smell decided to travel with us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Staff was excellent, price is right, room was cleanest I've seen in a long time. Great Stay!! Kinda difficult to get in and out of plaza but didn't change my opinion of LaQunita hotel stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

CONVERSE
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We recently stayed at this La Quinta, honestly everything was good except the lady who checked us in. I work in the hotel industry and she just didn't have the attitude of someone who wanted to be there. She wasn't exactly rude, she just wasn't polite either and when I wanted to make sure I had the directions to my room correct she acted annoyed. Other than that everything else was wonderful, the beds were comfy, the A/C worked, the pool was nice, our room was literally right in front of the pool and the front desk said it closed at dark but there were a few couples out there fairly late.but they were quiet and respectful. The breakfast was good, the waffle mix ran out while we were there but the breakfast attendant came right away and refilled it. Overall, the next time I go to Jacksonville, we'll stay at this La Quinta again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Best accomodations for the price. Rooms, service and food way above average for the price. The location is somewhat congested.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Oran...
#101 of 133 in Jacksonville
Quality Inn
#96 of 133 in Jacksonville
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Orange Park Jacksonville? Share your experiences!