“Best staff in town!!!”

Ranked #99 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tampa, Florida
“Best staff in town!!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel has a great staff and definitely is turning around with the new manager, she is always running around taking care of things. Everyone is about new, but great smiles and friendly attitude, that goes a long way. Some rooms have been renovated , others haven't but they keep them very clean! Also they will have new TV's in a few months. great location off 295.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lugoff, South Carolina
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I'm not here to give this establishment a black eye. My intent here is to issue a word of caution for those considering a stay at this hotel. My wife and I stayed here over 6 years ago. It was very different then. It’s an older establishment but appears to be in reasonable repair. The staff was wonderful. Though our room smelled like a wet dog, it appeared to be reasonably clean. We were informed that this is a pet friendly establishment. The pool, however, was filthy. I could barely see the 4 ft. demarcation line on the bottom of the pool. That’s gross!

We had asked for a ground floor room that I could park my truck in front of. I had a truck full of luggage and am very security conscience. We got a ground floor room but had to park quite a ways away from the room. I was not happy. I had to empty my truck.

Be forewarned, this property shares grounds with a Super 8 Motel which appears to have a plethora of “Section 8 Housing” units. This is common for these ‘low-end’ motels. Whether it’s with the consent of La Quinta, or not, these people are sharing the facilities of La Quinta; including the pool, laundry, food facilities, et cetera. There were a few druggies at the pool which belonged to the Super 8. People were hanging out in the parking lot. They were drinking, passing what looked like drugs and every car that came in was ‘eyeballed.’ I was accosted by a pan handler and later propositioned by a hooker wanting to know if “Yo’ lookin’ fo’ a party honey?”

There is a security guard that appears to be on duty from 9 PM till morning. The local police come through from time to time; sometimes on routine patrol, sometimes with lights and sirens. It’s a noisy place. People seem to get in between 10 PM and 2 AM.

Though we had a relatively uneventful stay, I think that my wife and I will be staying else ware form now on.

Room Tip: Make sure that you can park near your vehicle.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Christopher451
florida
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I was in town for one night and because of the proximity to the event, I chose this hotel. I had minimum expectations because of the low price; but was extremely pleased for the purpose. The exterior and surroundings were acceptable. Upon checking in, I found out I would not get the smoking room that I had reserved; so I was not pleased about that. But the associate was apologetic and I got over it. When entering the room, it had a quaint appeal, VERY VERY clean... the restroom was immaculate. The bed was extremely comfortable, flat screen TV, no micro wave, but, did not need one. After the event I attended I went poolside for a smoke, but within minnutes the pool was being locked up. Again the same associate apologized again. In the morning I went to Denny's next door for a very good breakfast . I would return again for a layover. Also the staff members were very pleasent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2010

If you are expecting designer bath soaps and eggs benedict for breakfast, move on. However, if you plan to sleep, bathe, and maybe swim, this is the most solid place to do so in the Blanding Blvd. area at this price point. None of the nit-picky downsides I've read did we experience in our several stays at this hotel. Red roof nearby is a dollar or two cheaper and is o.k., but lacks breakfast. Easy access and exit. No worries here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This is the worst hotel that I stayed at. I go to orange park often since i have family there but will never stay at this hotel. The rodeway inn down the street was cleaner than this hotel. The mattress was old and dirty. I always take the sheets off to check for bed bugs. The pillows were so flat. The carpet on the floor was filthy. I don't think they have vacummed in weeks. The only positive thing I can say was that the breakfast was good since it had waffles, which my dear son loves.

The pool had furniture inside of it so you couldn't swim in it. This was just a bad hotel. STAY AWAy

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
south carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this La Quinta on Friday, July 2, 2010. We stayed one night since it was half way between Columbia, SC and Boca Raton, FL where we were vacationing for the week. We just needed a decent place to stay to break up our trip. This was not the place. There were a lot of construction workers staying there. I don't have a problem with that, but since this was a Friday night, they were partying all night long without a care to other people in the motel (not a hotel-the rooms open to the parking lot). I didn't feel comfortable from the start which was only magnified at 2:00 a.m. when I heard kids (yes, kids) running up and down the corridor screaming and yelling at each other. Then I heard the mother running and yelling at the kids about how they lost the room key and she was going to "punch them in their heads". This was on top of the loud music and partying going on from the construction workers. Thank goodness my husband could sleep through all of the ruckus since he was driving the next day. The furniture was old and the room was not the cleanest. I would stay away from this place!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mustangsally1966
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stay here every December on the way to my Timeshare in S.Fla. The location is perfect for me, right on the way, just off the interstate. It could be a little cleaner, but I've never considered it dirty, I have no tolerance for that. If i didn't stay here, I'd stay at the Motel 6 nearby. It's a nice place, but for the same price here I get free wifi, a deluxe mattress, free in-room coffeemaker, bathtub/shower, a bigger room, a larger table and chairs, frequent stay points, and a very complete free breakfast. Rooms face the outside parking lot and have secure bolt locks, chain lock, and viewing ports. There is a Denny's restaurant directly next door. I've always found the staff to be amicable. If you compare this LaQuinta to other much more expensive middle tier motels, it falls short, but compare it to the bare bones budget motels with the same price and it's a great choice. I would recommend it to anyone, provided they read this review.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Oran...
#101 of 133 in Jacksonville
Quality Inn
#96 of 133 in Jacksonville
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Orange Park Jacksonville? Share your experiences!