Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue South
Ranked #91 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spent 92 days or so at this location. I lived with some of the same dirt for most of the stay, however they tried. It just seems that different people have different definitions of what "CLEAN" really is. Looking for a fair place to stay for a fair price is about all I can say about this location. Seems as though the less fortunate like this location also.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue South, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your 92-day stay with us; however, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations on cleaning your room. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be working to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward so this is not an issue in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at jxb @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

this was our first experence at exstended stay, we were very pleased and we thought it was a great value we would stay there again It was a nice clean room and it was comfortable
you choose to eat in or there were plenty of good places to eat with in walking distance

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue South, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Nora - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a nice comment about the close proximity to places to eat. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ok I must say I was very impressed with the front desk crew, I was very impress with the maid she was very helpful and friendly, I was impressed with the size of the room. I was impress with the idea that if I did not want go out and eat I could cook in the kitchen in my room. The rooms had a bit of and odor but what the heck it would do.

It did not even bother us to much that when we came back from dinner and visiting family yes it was pretty later however there was no parking in the front of the hotel and we had to park in the back and to be welcomed by the prostitutes in the back of the hotel half dress, Oh my teenage boys enjoyed that part of the trip.

However the nightmare started around 1am went I woke up out of my sleep because my hands and legs were on fire, I went to the bathroom and cut on the lights to see my hands, legs and forearms were all red. I began calling my husband to tell him something was eating me alive in the bed. When he got up to inspect the bed he found BED BUGS OMG. Not only were they in the bed I was in they were in my husbands bed

I went downstairs to tell the front desk and was told they could not do anything until the manger comes in the morning well I'm back home know and I'm still waiting for the manager to come to my room to make a long story short I called Hotwire and they helped they are the best Please use them there rates are good.

Again don’t stay at this hotel it’s infested with BED BUGS

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammie G
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been in this hotel for over 2 months. When you stay in a hotel for such a long time, you have a chance to experience the best and the worst of both the staff and the establishment. We have been so pleased with both, day in and day out. The staff is helpful, kind and attentive. The facility is very clean and orderly. The General Manager takes pride in his property. He arrives super early every day to walk the inside and outside of the property to make sure no issues exist. If there are issues, most are addressed prior to 9am. He takes time to get to know his guests, and calls many of them by their first name. Whether you are staying one night or several weeks, you are treated with the same courteous demeaner. Anything we have needed or had questions about, the staff and GM, Melvin have addressed and resolved immediately. We have been very pleased. I know much of this review may seem like mere observations, but after being here for some time and seeing consistency in personalities, effort, and attentiveness to both the facility and the guests, we are thoroughly pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Paid 43.00 per night including taxes. Room was large, well laid out, and clean. We had a handicapped room and we did have an issue with shower. Shower was not designed so that waterran into drain pproperly and the bathroom flooded when we took a shower. Had to use all remaining towels to soak up a few inches of standing water. Wasn't able to get it completely dry and stayed extremely slippery. Room 110.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Well this is the way extended stay should be. This is the place to stay if your in Jacksonville.
13 min from the beach. Restaurants with in walking distance. Gas 1/2 block away. The staff is excellent I wish I could name them all because they deserve it. But here are three I did get Shavonre and Marina and Kamrin. Everyone is very helpful so if you need something just ask.
The rooms are great and there is an oven.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RickC180
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at this Extended Stay for three days and wouldn't you know that on the morning of thefourth day my girlfriend went outside to see that my car was no longer in the lot. This place allow crackheads and prostitutes to stay here as well as others likely receiving some form of government assistance. One of these lowlifes were probably responsible for the grand theft auto. The room had a funky smell as well.

• Stayed: May 2013