“Extended Stay, Great price, great location, great front desk host”

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk
Ranked #79 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stay at the extended Stay America at 1413 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL. I spend one night per week. The service is great!! Amber who works at the front desk is always friendly, makes sure everything is ok in my room and always greets everyone with a smile. I know when I stay at the extended stay I am going to get a good room, great service and close to downtown restaurants, etc. I have stayed at other hotes, but cannot beat the price and location of this hotel as well as the service and it keeps me coming back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Forget that the flight into Jacksonville was four hours late getting in, or that I couldn't get to the hotel for my prepaid reservation until 3am. I should not have been greeted as if I'd woken up the desk clerk (which I probably had done, given her appearance), nor should she have checked me into a room where someone else was sleeping, nor when I went back to the desk, now at about 3:30am, should I have been booked into another room that clearly had been disturbed. By that I mean: A very real smell of someone's body odor, wet towels on the floor and on the counters of the kitchenette area, a tub full of water (still warm), and the bed rumpled from someone having gathered the covers and pillows around him/her to watch TV. By the time I reconciled myself to this reality it was 3:45am and the front desk clerk had already told me she could only extend my checkout time by one hour. So I drained the tub, piled the sopping wet towels in the sink, straightened out the bed and climbed in.

I've had bad hotel experiences in Europe but never in the U.S., and certainly not for what I paid to stay in this hotel. I had come to Jacksonville for a job interview and this did nothing to welcome me to a city I had hoped to call home; in fact, it could well have put me in the mood to run screaming back to the airport and away. Ugh. Will never stay in this or any other Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here because we needed an inexpensive place to stop on our way up I-95, and we had a business event the next night.

Pros: Much less expensive than most of the hotels within a mile of here, great location near Riverfront (can walk to Riverfront in less than 10 minutes at moderate pace), easy access to I-95, the commuter train station is just a block away. I can't say enough good things about the staff here! Awesome customer service. Amber is mentioned in other reviews - she's great at what she does, and others followed suit! Grab-and-Go breakfast is coffee, hot water for tea, fruit, granola bars, pre-packaged muffins, flavored oatmeal packs - it's enough to hold you, and what I would expect for the price of the room. Free wifi.

Cons: Free wifi is slow! You have to upgrade for a fee, starting at a few dollars per day to get higher speed Internet. We saw a "highly undesirable insect." Now I know bugs are a part of life, especially in the humid South. This could have been a fluke. But this is my first time seeing one of these in any hotel in many years. It was not a water bug. We know the difference between that bug and a water bug. We stayed on the 3rd floor (top floor). Windows are dirty. Normally I wouldn't care about this, but they are noticeably dirty, and that makes me wonder if they care about overall cleanliness. Beds were not the most comfortable, but they were decent. If you care strongly about a dark room, don't stay in 302. The streetlight faces the window, and even the blackout curtains don't solve the issue.

Overall Summary: Good for the two nights we stayed, but I don't think we would have stayed a 3rd night especially after the insect. We had to put all of our food in the fridge. There's some road construction going on right now in front of the hotel, but I'm sure they'll be done soon. I would recommend it only for a quick stay. It's inexpensive, relatively clean, and it's close to downtown without being right in the middle of it. The decor is fine. We prefer something a bit more modern, but again, this was just a quick stop for us. We feel we got what we paid for. If you want something romantic, you might want to look elsewhere. I do think this hotel is good for a quick solo or family trip.

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice and big, BUT Rooms ending in -02 (e.g. 302, and probably also 202 and 102) ar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shonesters
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Fabulous is the word to define this hotel. From a very helpful and knowledgeable Amber on the front desk who was so extremely helpful to the amazing beautiful room which was large, clean and tastefully decorated. Located close to the Skyway and the river this hotel ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on 9/13-9/15/2013 and I absolutely enjoyed it. The accomodations were perfect. We were kind of reluctant to stay here since I had read previous reviews and they were not at all appeasing. I am so glad that we decided to form our own opinion for this location.There was some construction going on right in front of the hotel entrance but that didn't deter us from our stay. We were close to EVERYTHING. I absolutely loved the fact that we could walk to the Jacksonville Landing via Riverwalk or catch the water taxi to venture across the St Johns River. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. I would say that it had a smell to it but it was nothing a little Gain Febreze air freshner couldn't fix. The only quirk I have is the TV channel lineup...There were no channels for us ladies such as Lifetime, Oxygen etc but my husband didn't seem to mind since it seems as if the lineup is for MEN (ESPN everywhere) that sucked. I would definitely stay here again anytime I am in FL. Actually I am a little upset that there are no vacancies available for November 1-3. :(

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel is great since the construction is on the front entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The rooms are very clean and well kept. We did not want for anything. Amber was extrememly pleasant during check in and Lianne was the same during check out. Both gave us directions and ideas on things to do in the area. The hotel is pet friendly which is always a nice bonus although the daily pet fee is a bit high for the overall price of the room. The "take and go" breakfast is meager. The first morning, you could choose granola bars, fruit, or oatmeal. The second morning, only oatmeal and both coffee urns were empty. (although promptly filled when it was brought to their attention). They need to put trash cans outside for pet waste - that would be helpful. I did find the trash can on the second day in the back of the hotel. Overall, would deinitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sylvie521
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Sylvie - Thank you so very much for the great review you have provided. I am very pleased to hear that Amber and Lianne did such a wonderful job accommodating your requests during you stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. This type of breakfast is mostly geared towards our guest that are "on the go" and have no time to prepare anything in their room. I will make it a point though to make sure that this station is kept stocked. I am also happy to inform you that I have just recently ordered 2 more additional trash cans for the sides of our building. We are eagerly awaiting their arrival.

Again, we very much appreciate your nice words and can't wait to see you again on your next journey to Jacksonville.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I travel on business nearly every week and this is one of the best experiences I have had. Entire staff was helpful, friendly and made my stay enjoyable. This location is only a 5 minute drive to downtown Jacksonville North Bank including Jacksonville Landing and offers plenty of opportunity to explore the South Bank Riverwalk on foot.

I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a clean room, at a reasonable rate, with a refrigerator and stove top. Greatly enjoyed Nicovia at the front desk and all of the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi Richard,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of our hotel. It is our mission to make your stay as comfortable and as pleasant as possible. I am glad we succeeded in this. I am also happy to hear that my staff (Nicovia and all of my housekeeping staff) made you feel at home. I would like to thank you again for your great review and hopefully, we will see you again soon!