“My group was in Jacksonville for the...”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Marlton,NJ
“My group was in Jacksonville for the...”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My group was in Jacksonville for the Eagles game and this hotel was a good choice. We were able to check in early and each given a complimentary wine to boot. All encounters with staff were friendly and accommodating. Nice HD LG flat screens to watch repeating Sports Center highlights. Access to the Jacksonville Landing was possible on foot. Biscuits and gravy with the eggs on Sunday was a nice touch.The Eagles nation was well represented there. We took no prisoners during the game and our hosts at this hotel were very gracious.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Ft. Myers
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We stayed overnight at this hotel and found it surprising cleaning and fresh and I say this amid the recent reports on TV about hotels having bugs. This hotel was spotless. Shower water and pressure was excellent, provisional soaps, towels, and other amenities were convenient. Check in was quick and efficient and departure the same. Breakfast in the a.m. was very good, buffet area clean and well stocked. I would definitely stay again but would want a room with a view.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Tallahassee
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We made a repeat stay in July to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary. The lobby/breakfast area had been redone since our last stay and is a very nice improvement, not that the former layout was bad. Just can't say enough good things about this property, or its staff. Have never gotten anything but first class service from housekeeping to the manager. These folks do a fine job of making a stay a very pleasant experience. Nice to find people that really appreciate your business and let you know it with their words and service. Had a problem with the billing of a couple of our guests, and they couldn't have been more helpful. And the problem was with the CC company, not Hampton. The only place for us in Jax!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2010

My great experience at this hotel began with a glass of wine during check-in and ended with a gracious extension of check-out time on the last day of the trip. I was in Jacksonville for a convention at the Hyatt, but the pricey rooms (even at convention rate) did not fit my budget. After reviewing several on Trip Advisor, I settled on the Hamption Inn Jacksonville - I-95 Central.

While not in a particularly lively section of Jacksonville, the hotel is conveniently located about a block away from the JTA Skyway, which provided an inexpensive way ($0.50 per ride) to get to and from the Hyatt (alleviating the need to pay $15/day parking at the Hyatt) and points on the other side of the river. Unfortunately, the Skyway doesn't extend beyond downtown Jacksonville, so you will still need a way to get to points beyond downtown, particularly because there are few, if any, inexpensive restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. If you are looking for upscale dining, there is a lovely restaurant right across the street and another down the block. Otherwise, you are limited to the few fast food restaurants located in the Jacksonville Landing (across the river). That being said, the hotel staff were more than willing to assist me in finding restaurants that would deliver.

Aside from the convenient location, the service at this hotel is outstanding. All of the staff members that I encountered were friendly and extremely helpful. All of the desk clerks greeted me by name when I returned to the hotel each evening. The nightly reception (consisting of white or red wine, two types of beer and various snacks) was a wonderful way to wind down after a long day in educational sessions. The morning breakfast provided just enough hot and cold selections to keep me satisfied until lunch time and for the mornings when I didn't have time to actually sit and eat, there were breakfast bags available so I could eat on the go.

I would not recommend this hotel for a vacation, but for a business or other quick trip to Jacksonville, it was an economical choice and I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We drove into the parking lot only minutes after the start of a torrential rain shower. So it was a welcome sight.

I generally love Hamptons...clean facilities, free breakfast, & reasonable prices. This location was perfect for the weekend activities we had planned...visit the Cummer Museum, the Riverside Arts/Farmers Market, the Landing, San Marco Square, & Cuba Libre dance club.

The staff was friendly, helpful, & attentive. The room was modern, clean, & comfortable. We had a newer flat screen TV...40" I think. There was a small pool. For breakfast we generally had oatmeal, raisin bran, fresh fruit, coffee with milk, waffles, yogurt, with an occasional pastry. They also had eggs, sausages, bacon, pastries, & pancakes which we did not try.

We had a great time in JAX while staying here, & heartily recommend this Hampton.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The Hotel has been recently renovated and felt completely new. The room was newly furnished and very spacious - great views of downtown Jax. The complimentary breakfast was a pleasant surprise - waffles, eggs, bacon and sausage - plus fruit and bagels when I wanted a little lighter fare. A great way to wake up after a good night's sleep.

My schedule is hectic so I look for hotels where I know I'll be well taken care of - yet able to stay within my budget.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Cowpens, South Carolina
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I am 71 years old and was attending my 50th Class Reunion. My husband was with me--though not one of the class.. We found the hotel very comfortable with good service. The staff was pleasant and fulfilled all of our requests, though not much was needed. We were there 3 nights.

My classmates and I had the use of a meeting room, though a lot of our morning visiting was done in the lobby, outside the breakfast room. Breakfast provisions were tasty and varied.

The price was certainly right!

• Stayed May 2010