“Best hotel in Downtown Jacksonville”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #15 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best hotel in Downtown Jacksonville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

This hotel could not be more accommodating, friendly, clean and professional. Catina went out of her way to make sure we all had everything we needed from towels in our room to a comfortable dinner while sitting poolside.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for recognizing the team for a job well done. Katina is a wonderful asset to our team and consistently goes above and beyond for our guests. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about our hotel and we will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Stephanie Zimerle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Rhine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Love, Love, Love this hotel, our room was very nice. I am not a smoker, but my husband is and it accommodated his habit. Also, the room did not smell like smoke at all. The whirlpool tub was very nice and romantic. Bed slept like a cloud. Very happy with the room and so was my husband. For the price and the room type it was a steal.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your review and sharing your observations about your recent stay.The 1 King Bed with Whirlpool is one of the staff favorites! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep with us and took full advantage of the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. The manager, Mr. Monroe and the entire staff were friendly and very professional. Everything was clean and the hotel was easy to find. The ONLY thing that I would have liked is to have had more variety with the choice of meats for breakfast. I don't eat pork, and there weren't any alternatives during my stay. But, even with that, there were enough non meat options for me to choose from so I was still able to enjoy a decent breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
I am excited to share your feedback with our team. We take great pride in providing our guest with a high quality breakfast offering and I will make sure to suggest your comments about having a wider selection of breakfast meats at our next Managers meeting. Thank you for your positive feedback and look forward to hosting your next trip to Jacksonville.

Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Overall I would give it an 'A'. Clean, neat, comfortable, polite and helpful staff. Maybe a little high in rate, but understandable for location. Same hotel outside perimeter of town would no doubt have a lower rate. All in all a good hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your time in leaving comments about your stay with us, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Our staff enjoyed having you at the hotel, and we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Nice hotel in the downtown area, very clean and professional hotel staff. The food was good. The gym is a little small but we got enough exercise siteseeing and doing family activities. Get location and nice size room with standard amenities. I would select the hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your time in posting comments about your stay with us. It's great to hear that our downtown location is perfectly situated for your visit, and that our staff took great care of you. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Jacksonville!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. Pour cleanliness, noisy rooms and rooms not very comfortable. Staff is not very knowledgeable. Checked in and given keys attached to a sticky note with our room number on it. Tacky

1 Thank Kathy B
Thank you for sharing comments about your stay with us, and please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you faced. The satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance to us. The Housekeeping Department works tirelessly to ensure that our suites and public spaces are fresh and clean, including daily housekeeping maintenance and extensive cleaning when a room is turned over to a new guest. We truly apologize that this was not your impression. I have also spoken with Chris Monroe the properties Operations Manager to investigate why you were given your room keys with a sticky note and not our standard key packet. Mr. Monroe also informed me that he did give you a complete refund on your points stay with us for the issues you faced. Additionally, the Management Team has already shared your comments with our staff and they have been addressed immediately.

We know you have many choices for hotel accommodations in Jacksonville, and we thank you for your choosing to stay with us. We hope that you will consider staying with us again and give us another chance to earn your business.

Palmetto, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Yet another good experience. After driving for 6 hours hungry and tired just wanted to check, what do you know there was a popcorn machine in the lobby, nice touch. Who ever thought of that is genius. Vann I think his name was who checked us in was not pleasant at all, not even a welcome smile. He was just solemn did not make eye contact and was not friendly at all. Good thing everything else was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Here at The Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95 we strive to make our Guest feel as though they have a “Home away from home” it would seem as though we feel short in this with your visit. Our Guests are our top priority and I will make sure I coach Vann on making every Guest feel welcomed. We hope to see you on your next trip to Jacksonville.