“Great Staff, Great Stay”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were warmly welcomed upon arrival. Chris was one of the best front desk staff I've ever encountered. Every time I returned to the lobby, he was there with a smile and friendly conversation. The room was comfortable, the hotel is in a good location, and we had an overall excellent stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Came to jacksonville to watch the Mens National Soccer Team in their World Cup send off game. The hotel was full, and the staff handled it well- the front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable. Free parking.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Went up to my room and flipped the air conditioning on. Ran about 1 1/2 hours than shut down. Called the front desk and they sent someone to investigate. The guy had no idea what he was looking at or what to do. I suggested re - setting the circuit bit that never happened. In stead the moved me to another room (at 11:00 pm). I originally reserved a room with a king size bed but once they transfered me I ended up with two doubles. I guess I could have out them together to make one? The second room was dirty with hair all over the place. I didn't want to ask for another room as that would have taken away from my sleep; as it was I was getting up early the next day.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Jimmy,
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you faced while staying with us. We work hard to create a welcoming atmosphere in the hotel and it would appear that during your stay we fell short in this. The concerns you raise in regards to your room could all have been prevented with a correct inspection of the room and I will certainly be addressing this with our Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance Engineer. We hope this does not deter you from the Jacksonville area and will give the Staff a chance to make it right.

Stephanie Zimerle

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed here May 29-June 1, 2014 with our 5 year old granddaughter. We was here a car show at the Landing. When we arrived our room was ready with the exception that it only had a king bed. They quickly got a us a roll away for our granddaughter. The staff was excellent and the breakfast was great. Anytime we asked for anything we got it quickly. As a matter of fact the maid Catina made sure that we had cookies the next morning for our granddaughter.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel. Want to mention in particular the wait staff during the morning breakfast. A little gal named Ivy from the Philippines made sure we had everything we needed and chatted with us as well. She was fun and really a pro! Thank you Ivy!

Debbie,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Ivy was recognized during our morning meeting for her excellent service which clearly touched her heart. Your inspiring review has motivated the team to match Ivy's enthusiasm.

Stephanie Zimerle

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Upon arrival I knew I'd made a poor choice when the desk staff couldn't point me in the direction of restaurants. No parking at all that night as there was a convention of PT Cruisers. Loud noise in the hallway all night, hair in our bathroom upon arrival, and to wake up to the worst breakfast ever, next time we will pay the extra money to stay elsewhere. You'd think you'd get much more from a Hilton property, but that is certainly not the case here.

Jennifer,
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

- Stephanie Zimerle

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I usually try to stay at this hotel whenever I am in Jacksonville for business. I love to get a cookie when I check in, and sometimes there is lemon water, popcorn and other little touches of home in the lobby. It's modestly priced and basic, but clean and we love the free breakfast, which has a variety of choices including a lot of protein (on different days, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausage, turkey sausage, omelets, yogurt, oatmeal with brown sugar, cranberries and mixed raisins and mixed nuts, and good bagels - not just coffee and yucky danish like some places). During our most recent stay, Ivy from the Philippines took care of everything we needed at breakfast, including making perfect waffles for us. She was extremely helpful and bright and cheery (wish I was as naturally cheery and bubbly as she is!!)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

EASkolte,

We thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown when business brings your to Jacksonville, Florida! We know you have many choices when choosing accommodations in the city and we thank you for constantly choosing us! We do provide a lot of free amenities including Hampton’s On The House Hot Breakfast and snack reception every evening. We try to welcome all of our guests back home with a special treat. I will make sure to share with Ivy your comments! She will be above the moon excited! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Warm regards,